HS748 Nav Lights

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: HS748 Nav Lights

Post by DaveB »

I'm sure the navs are attached to the model Colin. I tried looking at them in MCX yesterday but the model throws up a box prompting me to accept x2 something or other and when it has loaded.. clicking on attached properties shows nothing 8) Why the heck P3D should elevate the lights above the wings I've no idea as they're attached to the visual model :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Hi DaveB :hello:

The Trident is the same mate (lights, clickspots), but everything else works fine. If f you apply Bjoern's work to DMs 1-11, everything works as it should, is in the right place and is clickable. :dunno:
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Yep that's the only way to get it to work properly. Convert it to FSX or P3d native.
Not an easy job, especially for props.
Dave G.

emb110
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by emb110 »

I attempted to add nav lights via the aircraft .cfg and was only partly successful. For some reason the fix only works for that particular repaint, any other repaint the nav lights are out of position. The original nav lights are still there and therefore are part of the model which is beyond my tinkering.
I'm sorry if I opened a can of worms.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well mate.. what's happening to the 748 in P3D is way beyond my level of understanding too. Switches not working is one thing.. moving nav lights is something else. There are no plans to convert the model to either native FSX or P3D (Rick hasn't modelled for FS in years) so I guess you'll have to sit tight for the Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight 748.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

DaveB wrote: I guess you'll have to sit tight for the Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight 748.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
*shudders*

:worried:
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

emb110 wrote:I attempted to add nav lights via the aircraft .cfg and was only partly successful. For some reason the fix only works for that particular repaint, any other repaint the nav lights are out of position. The original nav lights are still there and therefore are part of the model which is beyond my tinkering.
I'm sorry if I opened a can of worms.
That's odd. If you add lights via the aircraft.cfg it should work for all paints. :dunno:
I did have a look at the raw code for the mdl to see if the default lights could be edited out, but I couldn't find any reference to them.
Dave G.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I had noticed in P3D 3.2 that the nav lights on many aircraft were small and not very visible but it was better in 3.3 so I loaded the 748 at night, turned on the lights and this is what I saw, tail like is good, others are not but it is very interesting none the less.

Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Effoh wrote:The Trident is the same mate (lights, clickspots), but everything else works fine. If f you apply Bjoern's work to DMs 1-11, everything works as it should, is in the right place and is clickable. :dunno:
That's because the upgraded 1-11 model files are in FSX' model format, not FS9's.

Chris558
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris558 »

In the Queen's Flight early livery, the polished lower fuselage 'shiny' textures don't show in P3d...I don't suppose there's a fix?