VC10 Panel Upgrade for FS2004

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

VC10 Panel Upgrade for FS2004

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just seen a new panel upgrade at Avsim by Nicolas Weber, don't have the VC10 installed nor do I have FS2004 but someone here might be interested.

http://library.avsim.net/whatsnew.php?Sort=Name

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: VC10 Panel Upgrade for FS2004

Post by cstorey »

I have tried it, but sadly I found it far, far too complicated for FS. The problem with making these very complicated and very realistic panels is that FS is a one man operation, whereas the VC10 originally was a 4 man operation . In addition, it is one thing to memorise locations of real controls that one reaches one's hands out to, but quite a different matter to find all the multiplicity of locations of switches with mouse clicks .

On a related but different VC10 topic , I have found that the civilian variants ( the 1151 seemed slightly different ) are very slow in roll - particularly rollout - and even more lethargic in associated yaw . I don't remember feeling this when they first appeared, and I wonder if DM can comment as to whether the air file has been altered , and whether anything can be done about it. I found making corrections on a manually flown ILS approach very difficult indeed