Hello again chaps..

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Hello again chaps..

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

Hope you are all well. I'm going to try and get back in the seat as it where and do a bit of simming, maybe an hour or two each week to keep me honest :) Its been so long and I've missed so much over the past few years that I'm not really sure where to start. I bought the current version of P3D on Saturday and go my photo scenery added back in and it seemed to be working well.... until I added all my aircraft in (copy and paste job) and now the only one that seems to work is the trident! The AI is working fine though :lol:
I need to reinstall FSX again too. So what's the story with P3D? Short of a couple of flights in the Trident 2 and being automatically directed by ATS to the crosswind runway on a windy day (finally... I'm sure we had that in FS9) it seems to be as good as it was before... other than not being able to change aircraft :lol:

There's probably a load of work that needs doing on the forum too with regards updates, but its going to take me a while to get fully up to speed and start all that again :$
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Hello again chaps..

Post by DaveB »

Nice to see you Ben :thumbsup:

I'm still not a P3Der but there are plenty of them around :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers DB... little one is now at Nursery and After School club, so I'm in a strange position of having a bit of time the odd evening and some cash (not having to pay for full time childcare for her) so its about time I got stuck in again. Hope all's well with you and yours matey. :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Hiya Ben. :hello: Hope you and the girls are keeping well.
I'm a P3d only simmer these days, so I can try and help if I can. :)
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

We're doing ok thanks mate, so cant complain. Just wondering if there are any known gotchas on P3D v3.4 with aircraft etc that would originate from a FSX vintage. Example is if I start up, my default flight is the Trident 2 at EGNT. It works as expected (not withstanding the Nav lights etc) but if I change the aircraft before I start the sim to anything at all it just closes once I hit start. I've tried the default Mooney, your Hunter (which is my usual steed when testing something out) or anything in between. Very strange. But I'm conscious I may have missed a load of things that your supposed to do. I haven't RTM I just installed P3D (clean install) and copied the aircraft / gauages / effects over from the old folder. Updated the scenery and I think that was it.

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I feel P3d 3.4 can be a bit flaky when changing aircraft, particularly if that aircraft uses old gauges. The Trident may not be a good one to use for your default flight. *-)
You'll find with FS9 portovers that VC gauge clickspots don't work.
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Ben! :hello:
Great to see you back. I see above that you're all well, so that's top news. ;)

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Good to see you back Ben :hello:
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hello Ben and a warm welcome back. Glad that you are getting things sorted and maybe have time for a little simming now. P3D ? I'm using 3.2 so best not to offer you any advice or tips until I update it to 3.4. Forum updates; looking round, I can't see anything in particular that requires attention. Go simming instead. ;)

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Welcome back Ben.

I use P3D almost exclusively, currently v3.4, and have found that it is best to start each session using one of the default aircraft and then change to whatever takes your fancy. One fault I have come across - though not so much in 3.4 - is that some of the older aircraft can cause CTDs after around 90 minutes flying time. These are mostly FS9 port overs that have not travelled well. When I find such a model I just delete it from my hangar and hope for a newer version to come up. Some of the models that come to mind are those of JBK just don't ask which ones. Conversely, v3.2 and 3.3 were more prone to these CTDs with 3.4 being more stable.

Hope the above is of use.

ATB

Allan