Ralph's Beverley C Mk.1 in FSX native...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Green Meat
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Ralph's Beverley C Mk.1 in FSX native...

Post by Green Meat »

ImageImageImage

I forgot I joined the boards here, and can go right to mothers teat, and I'll just reprint the original post 'cos I'm 9/10ths in the bag :guinn:
Does anyone hereabouts know if Ralph Pelgram's around, or reachable. It`s been about 15 years (!) since this old bod was released, a long time ago.
If any of the bodgers on the right side of the pond have aught of Mr Pelgram, or have a working email, due diligence must be attempted.
The old monster is up to MDL X standard, except bumps, which caused display issues (don`t know why)
She has new pilots (Piglet`s) weight condition cargo options (Bedford 3T GS, GS bowser, pair of land rovers or four pallets) airdropping kit on water rudder visibility command(hides clamshells, shows deflectors-had to make elephant ears and ribs `n stringers for the hold), droppable object condition pallets for air drop or ULADS (LAPES, for those in the former american colonies) with airdrop and LAPES objects(working, more or less- you can get the boxes on the ground, or total them dropping from out of envelope) The globe is removed from the hold, a layer of desert sand installed, elsan leaks from the overhead, and optional period nav system specific to the Bev(read the map on the way out, follow the oilslick home...) I kid about the last few features.
It`s about ready to go, except for tracking down Mr Pelgram, so any assistance on that bit would be invaluable, if that is achievable.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Ralph's Beverley C Mk.1 in FSX native...

Post by DaveB »

Nice to see you here Lazarus and looking forward to seeing this old girl 'native' :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed someone here can help you finding Mr Pelgram ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Here, here :thumbsup:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

I don't think you will get hold of Ralph as I tried a few years ago to no avail.

I have had loads of contact with him back in the day.

If you release giving proper credit to him I don't think there will be a problem mate.
He was a chilled individual and definitely not a glory seeker :thumbsup:

Looks like a great job mate
think I did an update to it many years ago too.

are you 100% sure the bump maps are correctly formatted and the same size as the main textures ?
that can cause an issue where the shadowing reverses. ???

I still have the FSDS source code Ralph Kindly shared with me too :thumbsup:

Regards
Rick

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

Looking forward to your new Beverly.

Will there be just one colour scheme (Desert Camouflage) or will the release include a silver/white RAF Scheme?

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Why oh why did the RAF Museum chop up their one :wall:
It was such an iconic aircraft.

Green Meat
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Green Meat »

hobby wrote:Looking forward to your new Beverly.

Will there be just one colour scheme (Desert Camouflage) or will the release include a silver/white RAF Scheme?
I've ferreted out the three extant skins I know of. Those are in DDS format and adjusted as much as possible.
Hendon chopping up XH-124 was bloody criminal! Visigoths! It'd be nice if they'd got XB-259 under cover before she corrodes away, too.

It seems Mr. Pelgram is unavailable, so I'll go head under the 'restores/adds functionality to older OS softwear for use in newer O/S' &c.
I'm going to have another go at bump maps(placeholders) with your advice, Rick. I've been unhappy with the shadow reversing and whatnot.
All at the same size, but what format? Or do you mean, just DDS DXT 3 at 2048 for the lot, for instance?

And, :OT: while I'm here, Rick, Garry, Brian, Brian and Fraser, the Andover has come up quite nicely, barring an issue in progress- recreating the kneeling animation sequence for the prop discs. I'm making some headway(kicking and screaming, tearing at breast, incipient alcoholism, frequent psychotic episodes...) with FSDS, just having figured out how to move part axis around. If I can coax a two part animation out of it, the Andover will be to a very satisfactory standard. IF I can get all the ifs knocked off, would you gent's be adverse to a mdl X edition?