UK VFR scenery rebuild

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dswanson
Trident
Trident

UK VFR scenery rebuild

Post by dswanson »

Hi,

I may be speaking to the converted here, but just recovered from a PC problem that took out all of my FS9 Just Flight UK VFR scenery. Although I had all the CD packs, the FSTYPE.DLL file refused to open to reinstall the data

After a lot of googling for a solution I found the JF website and their software fix that overcame the problem and I'm now back and running

I was particularly peeved at the problem since I had festooned all 4 areas with trees in the original install, still had all of the original files in the right places in the FS9 folder and knew that the re-installation would only give me tree-less scenery. Fortunately a bit of juggling and renaming the folders I now have all my trees back :)

Sometimes it does just work when you want it to :welldone:
Regards,

Degsy

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: UK VFR scenery rebuild

Post by DaveB »

I like a story with a good ending :thumbsup:

The problem with the VFR trees is that they were designed for 4 areas and I tried to use them with the 'already patched' 2004 version that comes with GenX and they don't work. As well as VFR being patched, it was hacked into 3 areas instead of 4 by Horizon so while I can have the scenery, I can't have the trees. Maybe fashioning an 'all in one' might work.. I don't have the will these days :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

Re: UK VFR scenery rebuild

Post by 233SQN »

I feel your pain.... I too have had to rebuild VFR Scenery and Treescape a few times... it never goes smoothly but when it does it's a great feeling and still the best scenery package combination out there!!
Thanks

Colin Bear