"NEW" RR Spey Sound Packs For BAC 1-11 & TRIDENT

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

"NEW" RR Spey Sound Packs For BAC 1-11 & TRIDENT

Post by Mark C »

"NEW BAC ONE-ELEVEN & HS TRIDENT SOUNDPACKS FOR FSX & FS2004"

They weren't the most powerful .... but .... were certainly among "the noisiest" aircraft engines at T/O .... and they powered some of the best of British civil aviation developed during the 1960's.

They're gone now from both UK and European skies, but, their sound echos on within the memory of those whom recall them .... and having ever heard them once (especially those living close to airport perimeters) who could possibly ever forget them :)

They were "the little British engine that could" .... the RR SPEY turbofan .... and it powered both BAC ONE-ELEVEN and HS TRIDENT jetliners ....

And now their unmistakable voice has been resurrected for FS and like never before.

Having already launched "PART 1" of his very successful RR SPEY soundpack project focused on the RR SPEY 511 for the BAC ONE-ELEVEN 300/400 and TRIDENT 1 .... talented and internationally respected FS sound engineer Benoit PLAMONDON now has pleasure releasing "PART 2" of this project .... this time featuring RR SPEY 512 audio in the form of separate soundpacks especially for the BAC ONE-ELEVEN 475/500 and TRIDENT 2/3 .... once again for FS2004 and FSX use .... and representing more than 3 years of work so far and with1 further RR SPEY related audio project (for the BAC ONE ELEVEN 200) currently under development.

Compiled from actual interior and exterior recordings of these aircraft, these soundpacks have been fine tuned for exclusive use with the superb BAC ONE-ELEVEN and TRIDENT simulations by David MALTBY .... easily still some of the very best freeware simulations available today and among which both the COMET and VC-10 are also represented.

As has been Benoit's preference trademark over recent years .... these latest soundpacks have been produced as separate flight deck and cabin/wing view based audio productions .... allowing one to immerse oneself in whichever perspective is ones particular audio preference.

All flight deck based audio files are suffixed "FD". These particular soundpacks are intended for those whom seek high-quality audio based exclusively upon what's heard from a "flightdeck perspective" only .... and with high fidelity external sound added. What's heard on the flightdeck is quite different from the PAX cabin environment aboard any jetliner. For e.g .... when using this particular soundpack one will be treated to the predominant sounds of flightdeck based avionics, and wind noise in proportion to aircraft acceleration with very little engine noise being audible, and when selecting the flaps and landing gear one will only hear "clicking" of the associated levers .... and a whole lot more.

All wing view/cabin based audio files are suffixed "WV". These particular soundpacks are intended for those whom prefer high-quality audio based exclusively upon what's heard from a "PAX cabin perspective" only .... and with the same high fidelity external sound added also. What's heard within the PAX cabin is quite different from the flightdeck environment aboard any jetliner. For e.g .... when using this particular soundpack one will be treated to the predominant sound of cabin air conditioning and a different type wind noise in proportion to aircraft acceleration and with a little more audible engine noise too, and when selecting the flaps and landing gear one will only hear the associated flap motors along with the muffled "rumble" of the landing gear being extended .... and a whole lot more too.

LIST OF RR SPEY 512 SOUNDPACKS FOR BAC ONE-ELEVEN 475/500 & HS TRIDENT 2/3"

FSX ONLY

fsx_spey512_1-11_475_fd_v1
fsx_spey512_1-11_475_wv_v1

fsx_spey512_1-11-500_fd_v1
fsx_spey512_1-11-500_wv_v1

fsx_spey512_trident2_fd_v1
fsx_spey512_trident2_wv_v1

fsx_spey512_trident3b_fd_v1
fsx_spey512_trident3b_wv_v1

FS9/FS2004 ONLY

fs9_spey512_1-11_475_fd_v1
fs9_spey512_1-11-500_fd_v1
fs9_spey512_1-11_475_500_wv_v1

fs9_spey512_trident2_fd_v1
fs9_spey512_trident2_wv_v1

fs9_spey512_trident3b_fd_v1
fs9_spey512_trident3b_wv_v1

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 512 - BAC ONE-ELEVEN 475/500 "FD" SOUNDPACKS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R-u9yaPr48

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 512 - BAC ONE-ELEVEN 475/500 "WV" SOUNDPACKS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRyod1SN5Fc

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 512 - BAC ONE-ELEVEN 475/500 "EXTERNAL VIEW" SOUNDPACKS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4WYYGBp80k

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 512 - HS TRIDENT 2/3 "FD" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4vXt56jqM

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 512 - HS TRIDENT 2/3 "WV" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9uWNTp2lWI

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 512 - HS TRIDENT 2/3 "EXTERNAL VIEW" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXDDm0mYzU

PLEASE NOTE: The above "FS9/FS2004" BAC 1-11-475 version "WV" soundpack is also intended for BAC 1-11-500 use.

Earlier released for exclusive use with DMFS BAC ONE-ELEVEN 300/400 and TRIDENT 1E simulations are the following RR SPEY 511 soundpacks ....

LIST OF RR SPEY 511 SOUNDPACKS FOR BAC ONE-ELEVEN 300/400 & HS TRIDENT 1"

FSX ONLY

fsx_Spey511_1-11_fd_v2
fsx_Spey511_1-11_wv_v2

fsx_spey511_trident-1E_fd
fsx_Spey511_trident-1E_wv

FS9/FS2004 ONLY

fs9_spey511_flightdeck_view
fs9_spey511_wingview

fs9_spey511_trident-1E_fd
fs9_spey511_trident-1E_wv

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 511 - BAC ONE-ELEVEN 300/400 "FD" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMlDlg7 ... MK_L8ooJTz

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 511 - BAC ONE-ELEVEN 300/400 "WV" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THjitN ... MK_L8ooJTz

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 511 - BAC ONE-ELEVEN 300/400 "EXTERNAL VIEW" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRjAxvu ... MK_L8ooJTz

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 511 - HS TRIDENT 1E "FD" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGf_hLD ... NLV59pszID

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 511 - HS TRIDENT 1E "WV" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxGVxW8 ... NLV59pszID

AUDIO VISUAL PREVIEW RR SPEY 511 - HS TRIDENT 1E "EXTERNAL VIEW" SOUNDPACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foOpQ_Z ... NLV59pszID

Once again .... an important technical detail that must be appreciated when using "FD/flightdeck" versions of either of these soundpacks .... in the case of aircraft fitted with rear-mounted engines (as indeed is the case with the BAC ONE-ELEVEN and HS TRIDENT ) .... very little interior engine noise, at all, is evident on the flightdeck of these particular aircraft .... whereas in FS exterior viewing mode the raw/unmuffled "L-O-U-D-N-E-S-S" of these engines, at T/O, has been faithfully reproduced, and with such a degree of authenticity that the only missing ingredients are the warm feel of jet blast air and strong smell of burnt kerosene ;)

During their day RR SPEY powered BAC ONE-ELEVEN and HS TRIDENT aircraft generated more than their fair share of complaints from noise-conscious environmental protesters around both the UK and Europe and which, by the 1970's and 80's, saw the introduction of Hush Kits (for the BAC ONE-ELEVEN's at least) .... but .... as vociferously as communities lobbied against the noise of these aircraft/engines, back then, such complaints are something the authenticity of these fine soundpacks will be unlikely to generate, given ever increasing demands by the FS community for greater .... and yet greater .... realism. Therefore these new BAC ONE-ELEVEN and HS TRIDENT soundpacks for FS2004 and FSX too (separate soundpack versions for each FS platform) .... are truly, and from an virtual audio perspective, as good as FS audio ever gets.

Each one of these "NEW" and "HIGH QUALITY" soundpacks is available for download from FLIGHTSIM.COM .... at the following website address ....

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php

.... use each of the above referenced file names or search "Benoit Plamondon".

The BAC ONE-ELEVEN and HS TRIDENT simulations can be downloaded from the following website address ....

http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

Currently in production and planned for future release are RR SPEY 506 soundpacks tailored for the DMFS BAC ONE-ELEVEN 200 ....

For information regarding other currently available "FREEWARE" soundpacks by Benoit PLAMONDON for FSX and FS9/FS2004 .please refer to the follwing YOU TUBE channel ....

https://www.youtube.com/user/rrspey511?app=desktop

Mark C
Last edited by Mark C on 14 Jul 2017, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: "NEW" RR Spey Sound Packs For BAC 1-11 & TRIDENT

Post by Aharon »

Mark,

Did you enhance or modify the liveries for your own use? Looks better than the actual liveries offered by the British flight sim website unless I had been downloading wrong liveries from wrong website!!! The Channel livery looks like it was done by Gary Russell. Right? I always always like the Channel Airways Continental livery but I wish somebody would sharpen the airline name fonts that are little bit fuzzy so that I can use close up screenshots.

DaveB, am I allowed to ask anybody to modify Channel Airways Continental livery by sharpening font of airline name on both sides of the plane and on the both sides of the tail or is it against copyright laws?

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Aharon, I think you'll find all the fonts are perfectly sharp, however, the textures are 512x512 at best. These were made over 10 years ago, when the average monitor resolution was 1024 x768. These days, most folk run much higher resolution which makes text and lines much less "sharp." I've just had a similar conversation with Dave in the past few weeks with respect to the vanguard ..
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

"PRECISELY" as Ben has stated :)

Mark C
AKL/NZ
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Plus.. DM was a fan of using MIPS but added a utility in all his models to remove the MIPS should you so desire. So.. in addition to the maps being small, you have MIPS to contend with!! Fine at certain angles but dire at others. They're easy enough to get rid of using DM's utility :thumbsup:

Oh.. and thanks for the HU on those new soundsets Mark :tunes:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

My pleasure Dave .... and on behalf of Benoit also :)

As Dave sais .... folk can use the utility provided by David MALTBY (inside each base pack) to convert these textures and rid them of their MIP's .... or alternatively .... use another texture conversion program like DXT BMP .... which is what I use myself whenever I need to, but, haven't used in the case of by far the majority of texture imagery which supports this presentation.

If using the DXT BMP utility .... I think one actually needs to "check" the "REMOVE MIP's" option when configuring this utility, but, doing so (and then converting texture to an EXTENDED 32 BIT 888.8 format) does tend to do wonders for many older texture BMP samples.

I hope folk here enjoy this presentation .... and these "new" soundpacks above all .... and, with Benoit's help, I'll try'n keep you all posted in regard to future developments concerning his RR SPEY 506 development (the final audio installment I believe) for the BAC ONE-ELEVEN 200's.

Mark C
AKL/NZ

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just started a full re-install of FSX :wall: Sure am looking forward to downloading these sound files when I get everything sorted. Just love flying the Trident and with these sounds it will be fantastic. :welldone:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Slight hijack.

I see you have been "photobucketed" Nigel.

I received the same - deleted all my uploads and cancelled my account yesterday.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Thanks all for explanations on sharpening little fuzzy font of airline name and words on both sides of plane, engine cover, and tail of Channel Airways Continental livery for Trident.

Since I have zero talents in livery painting or in fixing liveries' font problems as I prefer to stick to my talents of creating beautiful screenshots for all around the vast world to enjoy, can anybody please be kind enough to fix or sharpening the little fuzzy font of airline name and words on both sides of plane, engine cover, and tail of Channel Airways Continental livery for Trident AS LONG AS DaveB the administrator of CBFS says it is NOT violation of copyright rules.

Thanks for any consideration.

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Aharon,

Did you not understand my explanation? The textures are NOT fuzzy. They are low resolution compared to modern graphics capabilities. There is nothing that can be done other than remap the whole aircraft to 1024x1024, and that would require input from David Maltby who is retired from model making. Think of it like watching a SD film on a 4K monitor. It looks awful because each pixel is magnified many times, making it look blurry. This is the same issue. The texture map was created years ago when this was a good resolution, but on todays high end equipment its actually low resolution. It's the same with the vanguard screenshots I posted. The stripes on the tail are fuzzy at the edges. If I use the same paint in FSX or FS9 at a lower resolution, they appear perfect.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage