FSDS3 HS748

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

gypsymoth
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

FSDS3 HS748

Post by gypsymoth »

After a long period of making my own WW2 airfields with FS9/GoldenWing3 setup, I recently installed FS9 on a second drive.
Looking through a freecom drive the other day I found the FSDS3 HS748 I had stored away.

Having installed it again I am stunned by its quality. It is such a wonderful aircraft to 'fly' & I send my thanks to the production team for their hard work. I hear news of the rescue of Mosquito plans [ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08 ... onder-fly/ ] so I'm going the get one from the library here to celebrate good news from DH Broughton.
When the c**p hits the fan, get a tent.

gypsymoth
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: FSDS3 HS748

Post by gypsymoth »

I forgot to say the tyres are white. I can't find the tyre texture to paint black is there a missing texture?
When the c**p hits the fan, get a tent.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi gypsymoth :hello:

Re the 748 wheels/tyres.. it goes without saying it wasn't released that way so you most certainly have a missing texture/textures. I'm not sure how you did your original install but it sounds like you did it right. This would explain why you're seeing white tyres. The basic textures went into the aircraft folder and the common textures went into the main Texture folder. Easy to backup your aircraft folders and forget the main texture folder. Rick did it this way to cut down the size of the pack. Of course.. common/shared folders are common place in FSX and above but weren't in FS9.

Having just been up and down my old FS9 install.. I can find neither wheels or tyres but it/they have to be one of the textures that went into the main texture folder. If you have the original install files, run them again and you'll get all the textures you're currently missing. Wish I could point you to exactly the right ones but I don't know the map names for them.

EDIT: Found them. gear748_T.bmp and gear748_L.bmp. Both of these should be in your main texture folder. Question now is, if you don't have these two, how many more are you missing?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

OK.. I've done the leg work for you. Download these textures and drop them into your FS9/Texture folder.. TEXTURES

You'll have your wheels, tyres and all the other missing bits ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!