Sad News

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Will you be attending?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2017, 09:23

Yes
62%
Not sure
38%

Total votes: 13

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Sad News

Post by Dev One »

Roger wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 12:25
Thanks to Dave WG who posted on SOH forum.
I also posted over at SOH, but in the General section, & also over at All nodes.
Still shocked, we had such good times on the internet & he became a good mentor after Leif's passing.
Blue skies Dave
Keith

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I am stunned to read this grave news. Dave and I had a lot in common and I regarded him as a friend even though I only knew him via the internet. We were only four days apart in age, were born and grew up in the same county (although at opposite ends) and both of us had a love of motorcycles and aircraft. I will miss him and his dry humour and my thoughts go out to his wife and children. RIP Dave.
Larry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

That is very sad indeed, he was a good friend and will be much missed. And he was not that old, I'm dumb struck.

Happy flying Dave ! We will miss you.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

delta_lima
Viscount
Viscount

Post by delta_lima »

Shocked beyond belief.

Since he was a fellow motorcyclist, my first thought was accident, especially given his comparative young age. That doesn't appear to be the issue, but in no way less tragic. Over the years, Dave and I talked at great length regarding our respective military careers, joked about the vagaries of British versus Japanese versus European motorcycle ownership, and specifically, the one area we both loved - naval-oriented flight sim.

He was generous and kind, and recently began to take on some great repaint projects. I cherish how warmly he welcomed me to the forum, and he would greet us on our birthdays (when most my friends forget :lol: ) My deepest condolences to his wife Alison and daughter - a terrible loss, but my memories of his friendship will remain.

dl
Quaere verum - Seek the truth.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Chaps, I will keep the first post in the thread updated with news of the arrangements etc. I've put a short update just now.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

This is horrible.
Sincere condolences to Alison and Helen.

God bless you Dave.
:'(
ImageImage

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

A great shock. DaveB was always helpful to me and gave sound advice and guidance. I shall miss his contribution to the FS world.

Nigel Edwards
Comet
Comet

Post by Nigel Edwards »

Very sad to hear this news, only met Dave the once when we were talking Nimrod stuff, lovely bloke. My condolences to his family, fair winds and calm seas fella.

Best wishes

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:

Runway behind you
Fuel in the bowser
Money in the bank

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

TSR2 wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 17:37
Chaps, I will keep the first post in the thread updated with news of the arrangements etc. I've put a short update just now.
Thank you Ben, I think we all realize how difficult it is for you to liaise personally with Dave's family at such a sorrowful time, we really do appreciate your efforts.
Although unable to attend, it would be nice to send flowers or whatever his family decide they would prefer.

Thanks again.

JKAGary
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JKAGary »

Stunned. No other words to describe it. We'd never met but I'll miss his banter in our e-mail exchanges as an ex-crab like me learned how to build virtual ships, and his words of encouragement as he helped me develop my modelling skills.

My condolences to his family and friends.