Sad News

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Will you be attending?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2017, 09:23

Yes
62%
Not sure
38%

Total votes: 13

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Sad News

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks for posting the pic Ben, and thanks very much for sharing your memories of Dave. Reading them put a big smile on my face. :)

Brian

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Thanks for sharing the picture and your memories Ben.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

I will be unable to attend Dave's funeral as I will be on holiday in Sorrento for a week. I would have liked to have been there to pay my last respects.

Peter

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

FYI, my route to the funeral will be all the way up the A34 past Oxford, onto the M40, onto the M42 round Birmingham, then M6 to Walsall. If anyone needs a lift let me know...

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

tonymadge wrote:
19 Aug 2017, 15:13
Perhaps nearer the time we can get definite numbers of people from here who will be going then find some way of recognising each other!
Dave would laugh if he sees us attend then start asking relatives thinking its a fellow CBFS fan about the latest version of P3D or something :)
I totally agree! :agree: Besides square eyes we'll need some means of ID-ing each other at a distance!

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Dreadful news. Everyone here has been so kind about Dave and the truth is that was just the sort of person he was. Never a bad word, always helpful with good advice and took banter about the RN vs RAF very well. ( I don't think I ever won though ).

I will miss his daily input here, who else will take up the challenge of remembering everyone's birthdays?

Nev

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks for posting the photograph of Dave Ben, brought back memories of Coventry around 2006 when I met Dave for the first time as well as yourself, Derek and unfortunately even though it was only about 11 years ago (seems longer than that) I cannot for the life of me remember who else attended, or was it just the 4 of us ? *-)

Dave was down for another purpose as he needed to photograph the inside of the Anson (which was really off limits to the public) and as it so happened the door was open and in he slipped with me following. :worried: I don't think that he took any notice of "Do Not Enter", I seemed to get the impression that if he wanted or needed something for a project then by hook or by crook, nothing would get in his way. :lol:

I think we spent most of the day together as a group then left to make our individual journeys' home. I am so glad I met up with Dave even though it was the first and sadly the last time but the memory is still there.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Airtrooper wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 10:21
tonymadge wrote:
19 Aug 2017, 15:13
Perhaps nearer the time we can get definite numbers of people from here who will be going then find some way of recognising each other!
Dave would laugh if he sees us attend then start asking relatives thinking its a fellow CBFS fan about the latest version of P3D or something :)
I totally agree! :agree: Besides square eyes we'll need some means of ID-ing each other at a distance!
You all know how Dave loved "Superb", so may I suggest 3 small pieces of ribbon pinned together, Red,Black,White

Robbie.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That sounds like a great idea to me. Should be easy enough to knock something up.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

:hello:
I think Dave, being a trekkie that he - Is, would love to be "beamed up"
Stream him up Scotty.
:hide:
Last edited by airboatr on 21 Aug 2017, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.