Sad News

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Will you be attending?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2017, 09:23

Yes
62%
Not sure
38%

Total votes: 13

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Sad News

Post by Silversim »

I very rarely post on CBFS but visit most days and have always appreciated Dave's input, such sad news, my sincere condolences to his family. RIP Dave, one of the good guys.

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

JohnD
Victor
Victor

Post by JohnD »

How sad to hear this. To me DaveB was CBFS and his input and comments will be missed.

RIP Dave.

Condolences to his family and many friends.

John
I have the mind of an athlete, but the body of a spectator.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I am in total shock and still cannot believe what I have read. :'(

I have been on this Forum since 2005 and met Dave when at Coventry airport around 2006 (I think it was) and I found him to be sincere and very likeable, it is not fair that his life should be taken away so suddenly, so quickly and so young. :'(

My deepest sympathies to his family.

This Forum will not be the same without Dave but he will always be remembered fondly by everyone here. :((

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Absolutely gutted to read this, Dave was a dear friend to so many here, never missed a Birthday, always ready with a joke or help if needed, we only spoke once, when they needed help with G-APEP engine runs but I am proud to have called him a friend.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Robbie.

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

I don't know what to say. I logged on this morning and saw the awful news posted over at SOH. I'm heartbroken for Dave and his family. He was such a fixture of CBFS and the SOH, and although I never met him in person, I always held him in the highest esteem based on our interactions on this forum over the years. He will be sorely missed.

Godspeed...
Mark

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

Thanks to Dave WG who posted on SOH forum. I had no idea if he was ill but from other posts it seems it was unexpected.
Everyone who knew Dave, thought of him as a friend which is a great reccommendation for anyone.

RIP Dave you will be missed by so many people.

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

That's such a shock, Dave was just so full of life. I am deeply saddened by this and as has been already said here - Dave WAS CBFS to me and I will miss his cheery and slight cryptic presence on these pages. RIP my friend, just glad I could have given you some pleasure in the sim over the years and I'm proud to have called you a friend.

Please accept my condolences Alison and Helen

Brian

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I've been in a state of utter shock since hearing of this terrible news last night. I was going to reply to a question he asked about our old military pensions, it when I saw Ben had just posted on the Admin section, about his passing. It seems the MOD will have saved some money after yesterday, something that Dave would have been bloody annoyed about, MOD bean counters were one of his pet hates!

I spent a sleepless night thinking about him and also remembering some of the good stuff we got to do, thanks to CBFS.
Coventry sticks out, a day at Brooklands with him and the Vanguard and a long night with Dave and others recreating the Dambusters raid in MP format and real time,me in Spain, the rest of the guys in the UK!

I've known Dave since the early days of this forum, pre the 2004 version we have now and although we only met occasionally face to face, it was just like meeting a lifelong chum again, banter and jokes from the minute we met up......just like his online persona.

Rest in Peace old mate, go and chase up Garry and the others and spend eternity putting things to right and organising things for when the rest of us here 'cross the bar', here's hoping heaven is free of pay-ware, stutters and the constant need to spend a fortune on hardware to get a decent framerate!

We're all the poorer for losing you down here.

Sincere condolences to Helen and Alison.
ATB Trev

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well, I'm in shock...Thanks for letting me know Trev. Blue Skies Dave...You will be greatly missed. My condolences to the family, you are all in my thoughts...

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Totally shocked like everyone else here.

RIP Dave.

Condolences to his family and many friends.
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't