The wonderful Hawker Siddely

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jonbear
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

The wonderful Hawker Siddely

Post by Jonbear »

Evening all,

I downloaded this model some time ago and it's taken me weeks of (oddly enjoyable) persevering to get it going. I knew I'd just done something daft somewhere on installation but really wanted to get it working. It looks so cool sometimes I was happy just to sit in the cockpit and look around! Anyway, I finally figured it out and got it going (something I put in the wrong folder as usual) and it's lovely. I use it more than my A2A planes! The only thing I haven't found, though is how to open the foreward door - I think it might be cargo on some models. I know it does open as it's shown in reviews. I've researched it online and tried shift E and any comination of numbers and only the rear passenger door opens/shuts each time. I'd really appreciate a pointer, if anyone has a moment, please. Also, I'm busy trying to write some MCE flows for it and wondered if there is a keyboard command for the GPU?

Many thanks,

Jon

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: The wonderful Hawker Siddely

Post by Scorpius »

Hi John

On the 748 and Andover there is a lamp to the left hand side of the ASI. Click on the lower part of the lamp to open the pax door and the upper part of the lamp for the crew door behind the cockpit.

Nev

Jonbear
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbear »

Brilliant, thanks very much Nev, it'll save me climbing in through the window. I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Jonbear
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Jonbear »

Well, here I am again. I didn't know whether to start a new topic or not, but my question is still about the WHS, so I'll put it here and hope.
I'm trying to make scripts and flows (not that well, more like some single commands strung together really) for this aircraft on MCE and was wondering if there is a keyboard command for the ground power unit. I'd like to get the copilot to operate the switches on his side of the cockpit if it's possible. The 'call steward' switch aswell maybe... Does anyone know if it can be done, please?

Jon