Runway Distance For BAC1-11 400 Series Please

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Runway Distance For BAC1-11 400 Series Please

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

What is most minimum runway distance for take off for BAC1-11 400 series, please assuming full passenger load, full luggage load, and enough fuel load for typical 90 minute flight plus emergency fuel reserve as required by British or American aviation agency?

Thanks,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Runway Distance For BAC1-11 400 Series Please

Post by Aharon »

Can anybody answer this question please?

Thanks,

Aharn

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Unfortunately it is going to be wind, temperature and pressure dependant.

You may need to do some experimenting (I spent several days working out the figures for a B747-400)

Load the aircraft as you want it, manually set pressure to 1013 and temperature to 15 degrees Centigrade and an airport as close to sea level as possible.

Assuming you know what V1 is, accelerate to V1 then stop using maximum wheel braking and no reverse thrust.

Having started a stopwatch at brake release, noted the time at reject, and stopped it when you come to a standstill you can roughly calculate the distance traveled assuming constant acceleration and deceleration.

I kn ow they are not actually constant but they will give you a figure close enough for FS purposes.

Now you just need to calculate factoring figures for temperature changes and pressure changes (pressure change makes far less difference than temperature change).

Hope that helps.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Adrain,

Thanks for answer. That is hard for me. LOL I am hoping somebody can answer my question. LOL

Regards,

Aharon

stcame
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by stcame »

Aharon

A quick search of the web has thrown up a number resources that might help you, for example,

http://www.bac1-11jet.co.uk/bac1-11jet. ... ations.htm

This is a start, good luck.

Rgds

Eric

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Stcame,

Thanks for cool link.

Recently, I had chat with few BAC1-11 pilots and they said they flew BAC1-11 400s from Jersey airport to London and Newcaste so I guess that BAC1-11 400s could handle 5,500 ft runways.

Regards,

Aharon

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Aharon , just read this and as I was about to reply have seen your info from -400 pilots . I never flew the 111, but knew our Super 111s [ 111-510s ? ] were on LHR-JER routes for years after Viscounts retired , and B4 737s arrived . They certainly had performance enough to t/o LHR or MAN bound . Thus the -400s would have had better performance .
Link to the JER airfield plate , Tarmac is 1706m long.....

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic ... -12-07.pdf

Link to let down plates , airfield plates , and textual info on all UK licenced fields ....

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/in ... id=13.html

If you find JER textual info it will have TODA ,TORA , LDA info [ t/o distance available , t/o run available , landing distance available ] quoted. The 111-400 , being an hot-rod might have been able to use Guernsey , EGJB . But for our supers JER was about the shortest .
JER or GIB was ok for our 737-200s , GIB needing packs off or even bleeds off take off to get t/o performance for LGW in the summer .
JER bound in poor wx ; we probably only had 1 approach and very minimal holding potential B4 diverting back to LHR , as max landing wt was our limiting factor .
FUN , Madeira in it's old state [ about 1300-1400 m. ] was limiting for 737-200s . Having arrived safely ! Departure nearly always needed a gas 'n go [ tech stop ] at Porto Santo [ 20 nm North ] where a longer runway enabled departure with LGW/MAN fuel .

Hope this helps , 'tho some maybe off subject .

rgds dave f.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Dfarrow,

Thanks for your answers. Thanks for your second link showing more information.

But your first link is not working as it says "Not Found The requested URL /eadbasic/pamslight-2E42E3F4B026D62A0BAFD6C46F915BB5/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/NON_AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGJJ_2-1_en_2017-12-07.pdf was not found on this server."

Regards,

Aharon

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Aharon , good that the 2nd link works , 'cos from that you can click on Jersey EGJJ and get all the info which is in the 1st link .
Hope that helps .
If not the say so and I'll try and point you in the correct direction .

rgds dave f .