Shutting down for a Cold Start BAC 111

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buzz887
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Shutting down for a Cold Start BAC 111

Post by Buzz887 »

Hi

Does anyone know how to completely shut down the BAC 111. When I click on the CS button in the VC cockpit, the engine noises are still running and i cant complete a cold start.

Anyone else have this issue or

Anyone know how to have the aircraft ready in a cold start configuration?

Regards
Buzz887

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Shutting down for a Cold Start BAC 111

Post by Vc Ten »

HI Buzz You dont say what sim you are using. The 1-11 was made for fs9 but will work with some anomalies in fsx.
I fly the a/c in fsx but never use the c/s on the icons Just set up your default Cessna in a cold start condition and then when the 1-11 is selected it should also be in a cold start condition. Works for me ;)
Cheers Dale
Image Image Image

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

If you run into engine noise after shutdown (check the engine gauges), you've run into a very old FSX bug that won't ever get fixed. Switch to an inside view and back out to make the sound stop. Or press the "q" key twice.

Buzz887
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Buzz887 »

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for replies.

I have taken away the aircraft and will try and reinstall them. Since moving onto FSX SE, I get a bit muddled.

I will reinstall the aircraft and try out your suggestions...

One thing I have noticed though and its inherent in the cold start for a Cessna 152 from just flight, when i cold start and even sometimes when I Ctle E start, the ATC doesnt work? unless I ctrl E twice, any of you came accross that particular problem?

PS its a problem because if i want to cold start in any aircraft then the ATC sometimes doesnt work...(by not working I mean I press an option say.. depart south etc but it does nothing?

Regards

Buzz887

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Install the 1-11, then get my update (dig around this forum for the thread) and install as per the readme. I've fixed the bird up a bit for FSX.

Assign a key to the avionics master switch if you have ATC problems.