BAC1-11 coldstart

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Diyceejay
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

BAC1-11 coldstart

Post by Diyceejay »

Hello all,
I suspect I'm missing something obvious, so apologies in advance!
When I set the DM 500 series to CS, and start the APU, the gulls eye reads 'start', but never seems to change to 'run' as per the checklist.
This could be why I am then unable to start the engines, again following the check list diligently.
If anybody could suggest anything, I'd be grateful!
With thanks, Christopher

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Re: BAC1-11 coldstart

Post by Bjoern »

What simulator and which 1-11 release?

Diyceejay
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Diyceejay »

Hi Bjoern....
It's FSX Acceleration 1.0...if that's any help?
I have since I posted found your FSX upgrade and followed your instructions on the readme.....with success I believe, as a couple of coldstarts this afternoon have been successful!
If only I'd found that sooner.
With thanks
Christopher

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Yeah, sim and aircraft version matter.

But glad you've sorted it out yourself. Saves me some typing. :cheers:

Diyceejay
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Diyceejay »

Hi Bjoern
Despite me thinking all went well....a slight hitch I hope you or anybody else can help with...
On the 510, which is the only version I have loaded into fsx, the engine sound is muted to say the least, so I'm not getting the Spey experience, even accounting for the hush kits.
I have loaded your original sound.cfg into both the BAC 1-11 510ED/sound file and into the BAC 1-11 510ED Hush-kits/sound file.
I wonder if the Benoit version provides a bit more scream, and if so, how and where would I load the wing view file and cockpit view file?
It's fsx acceleration 1.0 FYI.
With thanks

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Well, the sound.cfg in the 510ED\sound folder should have been left untouched as it's only supposed to link to the folder containing the actual sound.cfg and associated .wav files. That folder is, according to the default base pack setup and upgrade installation instructions, item 6 "BAC 1-11 Sound + APU" in "DMFS Shared Files".

If you've got Benoits soundset installed, the setup may be different.
You may as well copy all the .wav files and sound.cfg directly from his sound folder to the aircraft folder and replace the associated sound.cfg with my modified one.
Or you install Benoits sound folder to "DMFS Shared Files", replace the sound.cfg there with my modified one and then alter the sound.cfg in the "510ED\sound" folder to point to the folder in "DMFS Shared Files" where Benoits sounds are located.