FS2004 scenery guru required for small job!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

FS2004 scenery guru required for small job!

Post by Trev Clark »

Hi guys,
I'm not here much now as I've not had a SIM PC for six years and my life has changed course in many ways, but I'm back to ask a favour!

In 2005, a bunch of us here put in the first simulators in the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, which are still actually in use! 13 years later, as part of my new role as curator of the museum, I am looking to adapt our old FS2004 (running in kiosk mode) to include an SOE landing field to the menu.

This would be very basic, short grass runway and some lights placed anywhere in flat countryside. Ideally some basic figures or a car could be included. The object is to land your Lysander on this field (on a moonlit night) in five minutes, the duration of the kiosk mode. We have a Lysander model installed, but nowhere to land it. I can provide historical info on these landing fields that were very simple.

This set up would ideally be used in an SOE exhibition due this summer (July 21st opening), as a way of giving visitors some element of interaction as well as the usual artefacts and info.

I can't offer any financial reward, but can offer a free VIP visit to the museum to anyone who can help us out.

Here is our website...

www.tangmere-museum.org.uk

You can contact me via
[email protected]
ATB Trev

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FS2004 scenery guru required for small job!

Post by Motormouse »

Hi Trev,

Good to hear from you.

Have you still got the Phantom I worked on during its last overhaul in RAF there?

I take it the fields are 'somewhere in France?'

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Thanks for the offers of help, looks like the 'urgency' factor has now gone, but it's something I'd like to have long term at the museum.

Yes, our Phantom is now respendant in the fetching anniversary blue colour sceme she wore for a while in service. Work is now fully in hand to refit both cockpits in time for next year. This is a recent pic from Trip Advisor.

ATB Trev

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Trev Clark wrote:
24 May 2018, 07:26

Yes, our Phantom is now respendant in the fetching anniversary blue colour sceme she wore for a while in service.
I see they popped the refuel probe out, wondered if our graffiti ever survived... "new probe fitted by 4 Sqn St Athan.. Happy tanking boys!" was the message.

btw been looking at the list of infiltrations available here --- > http://www.plan-sussex-1944.net/anglais/sussex_plan.htm
some of those landing sites are a long way into France :-O

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.