David Maltby 1-11 as AI

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ChrisOz
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

David Maltby 1-11 as AI

Post by ChrisOz »

Hello there. I have been recreating a late 60'/early 70's Manchester Ringway using David Maltbys excellent 60's EGCC scenery. I am also using a lot of his models, 1-11, Trident, Comet et al as ai aircraft.

I understand that these models are for FS9, but so I can add realistic sounds to each type, I have to run them in FSX. I also understand that these models are meant to be flown, not as AI

I like the detail of the "full" models and prefer them to using the AI variants

Having said that, most perform admirably in thier role as AI traffic!

I have a question that David, or any AI gurus on this site may be able to answer. I notice that the 1-11 (all variants) when doing the takeoff roll, the aircraft gets very nose heavy half way down the runway and doesn't rotate till the end of the runway (06/24) and in most cases runs off the end.

Is there a setting in the air file, or the aircraft.cfg file (flaps/elevators?) that can be altered so that the aircraft rotates in a timely fashion?

Thanks

Chris

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: David Maltby 1-11 as AI

Post by DaveG »

On David's website there are specific AI versions of the Trident and 1-11, but I don't know if they use the same FD as the full models. *-)
http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk
Dave G.

ChrisOz
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ChrisOz »

Hi Dave, and thanks for your reply, yes I was aware of the AI models he has there, but I found, at least on my machine that the most detailed model, not sure of the LOD number "pops" in when the aircraft is quite close. There may be a way to adjust the LOD levels, so that full detail is seen a bit further away from the user.

I have tried using the AI aircraft.cfg with the high detail flyable model, but it still noses into the ground toward the end of the runway. I guess some knowledge of FD file would help here, lol

BTW, Does David Maltby still frequent the forums?. I ask as I have sent him a PM, as I am having issues modifying the paint (mainly rego numbers) of the Tridents and needed to ask him a question

Thanks Chris

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

He does pop in occasionally, so hopefully he'll respond to your PM soon.

FDs aren't my strong point so I'll have to pass on that one.
Dave G.

ChrisOz
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by ChrisOz »

Thanks Dave, Ill await his return as I dont have his contact details

Cheers Chris