BRITISH AIRWAYS TO PAINT AIRCRAFT WITH MUCH-LOVED DESIGN FROM AIRLINE'S HISTORY

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

grumpyoldb
Viscount
Viscount

BRITISH AIRWAYS TO PAINT AIRCRAFT WITH MUCH-LOVED DESIGN FROM AIRLINE'S HISTORY

Post by grumpyoldb »

http://mediacentre.britishairways.com/p ... -319/10505

A BOAC-liveried Boeing 747, reg: G-BYGC, will arrive back at Heathrow from the paint factory on February 18 to enter the airline’s flying schedule
747 G- BYGC first aircraft to receive popular design from British Airways’ past with more details of further designs to be revealed in due course
New aircraft, including the A350, will continue to receive today’s Chatham Dockyard livery
Design is opportunity to revisit history of UK commercial aviation in British Airways’ centenary year
Steve.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Re: BRITISH AIRWAYS TO PAINT AIRCRAFT WITH MUCH-LOVED DESIGN FROM AIRLINE'S HISTORY

Post by hobby »

"Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end!"

Happy times waiting at Heathrow to board the Vanguard/Trident shuttle via the bus. (1964-1979).

Funny thing, in 2015 I still boarded a bus at Terminal 5 to board an aircraft to the USA!! I was always under the impression that T5 was designed so that one no longer had to be bussed to the aircraft, one gets wet going up the steps to such aircraft on rainy days - not really much progress in 35 years!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: BRITISH AIRWAYS TO PAINT AIRCRAFT WITH MUCH-LOVED DESIGN FROM AIRLINE'S HISTORY

Post by FlyTexas »

Very cool! :thumbsup: Our dear friend Ian (speedbird591) would've enjoyed seeing that retro paint. *sigh*

Brian

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

hobby wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 22:01
"Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end!"
Blimey I didn't expect a Mary Hopkin quote. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KEhWTnWvE
Alex

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Blimey I didn't expect a Mary Hopkin quote.
Niether did I!! :lol:
Just wondering, will it have B.O.A.C written on the sides as apposed to BA? Or have I missed something as usual. It is a great reminder of days long gone not only for the aircraft but also for all the crews who flew in them.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

KPryor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by KPryor »

I love seeing things like this. I'm also a big time rail fan and enjoy seeing "heritage" painted locomotives of the various railroads. Very nice to see an airline doing this as well.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I remember a certain BOAC 707 at Singapore's old Paya Lebar airport, those big letters illuminated from the terminal lights, and being told by my dad that we were going to fly in it to Darwin. In that paint scheme, it was the most beautiful looking aircraft I'd ever seen. Nice to see those retro colours returning. :)

Orbit44
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Orbit44 »

The best British airline livery of all time, not only for BOAC/BEA/British Airways, but of all British airlines that have come and gone over the years. It was simply a majestic, and iconic livery. Can't wait to see it.

Nosnilmot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nosnilmot »

And now a "BEA" A319 ......

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Not sure I approve of all this nostalgia thing going on .... 'tis a sure sign that bad times are about to wallop us big time... Tell me I'm wrong. :help:
Alex