New computer!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: New computer!

Post by TSR2 »

Thought this was interesting Peter from FlightSim.com

Aerosoft
DC Designs
Gaya Simulations
PMDG - for those with no taste :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Hope Aerosoft bring the Twotter to MSFS.
Interesting, the DC Designs statement mentions a Blender exporter, so that sort of confirms Blender will be supported. :lol:
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave, If you scroll through the comments, he confirms they've already started the Twotter :excited:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Ah, so he does. I'd stopped reading after a few posts as they all seemed to be about wing flex on the CRJ. :lol:
Dave G.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

TSR2 wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 17:20
Thought this was interesting Peter from FlightSim.com

Aerosoft
DC Designs
Gaya Simulations
PMDG - for those with no taste :lol:
Thanks Ben...Yes those are interesting...I think it will take me some time to get used to MSFS2020 but I look forward to starting that learning curve next Monday! With 30 aircraft to play with, I don't think I will be considering other programs or other purchases and I don't expect to change anything to do with weather or clouds...I expect there will be additions to bridges etc. from MS and I will just be content to add those.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Peter,

Yes, bridges will be a most welcome addition. The Firth of Forth doesn’t look quite right without them. I’m actually quite enjoying flying the A320, but the automatic trim and A/T automatically kicking in is most irritating when you’re used to hand flying classics. I’m quite looking forward to the Aerosoft Twin Otter.

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

My MSFS2020 pre-release has just been updated this morning to build 1.7.11.0, so a significantly higher build number than the beta :cpu:

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I wonder how many Bridges went in there Ben!

Ben, I will be installing on Monday...Any pointers in the installation? Will there be a standard installation? If so then will it put the whole lot on Drive C: my SSD or will it spread it around a bit?...Sorry for all the questions but I would like to get it right on the first go...It seems that I must install four things...1 the Standard, 2 the Deluxe update, 3 the Premium update and 4 the ownership legal gubbins and I think it should be done in that order...Am I correct in that?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Peter,

The only answer I can give you is that I don't know. All Windows 10 Store programs install on the C drive by default under
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps
This is a hidden directory and even when un hidden, by default you have no access to it. So as it stands, the 1.03GB that has been downloaded to my computer already will live in this location. It is possible to move this part of the program, by going to:- Start>Settings>Apps scrolling to Microsoft Flight Simulator and selecting Move.

However. I think this part is only the loader part of the program. I've mentioned about the ability to cache the downloaded content, and from what I can tell, this will be configurable, and potentially get very big, so I'd put this somewhere else.

The tricky bit is knowing where the rest of the program will go. By default I'm guessing it will go on the C drive somewhere. I hope its configurable as I'd rather put it somewhere else. So in summary.

The Loader (which is basically the icon you click on to launch the program and its associated files) will be on the C drive and I'd be inclined to leave it there.

The core files (models, scenery etc) is unknown, I'd hope it was configurable.

The Scenery Cache (for downloaded tiles) should be configurable within the settings for the Sim. This will get big if you want it to keep the tiles available on the machine.

Hopefully that makes some sense. I'll try and get my head around it first thing on Monday and let you know here.

The other thing I would say is that in the past, these things have been PST. So that's about 18:00 BST. You may find that nothing is available until Monday evening.

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks Ben for all that info...OK I will just install the four things in the order I gave and just see if it works. If it does work then i will be grateful for anything new that you discover about moving appropriate things onto D: Thanks again Ben for the warning about time zone...That will be comforting!