New computer!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

New computer!

Post by petermcleland »

The new Sim Trailer from MS looks the best flight sim I have ever seen! when I get the necessary required specs for a PC to run it well, I will get ChillBlsat to build me one. I am presuming that 64 bit will be the way to go but I’ll wait for the required specs to be published. I am looking forward to this as I am really missing my flight simming!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: New computer!

Post by Aharon »

Peter,

Welcome back and great to hear from you here again!! I have enjoyed your past amazing videos and screenshots.

Do you remember good times at Canadian Flight SIm forums? That was fun and that was where I saw your past amazing videos and screenshots.

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hello Peter, you managed to post twice Aharon replied in one and me in the other so to save confusion have copied my reply here as well. Now that is going to confused some or a lot of people!! :lol:

Hello Peter and good to hear from you, gathered from your last post you were in the process of moving home so hope that went well for you.

I had a look at ChillBlast and they appear to be very good but instead went for Scan Computers who built me an i7-900K with 32 GB RAM and a Nvidia 2010 Graphic Card. Have a M.2 for my operating system, SSD for X plane 11 and a HDD for other games. The only problem I find is that I now get bottlenecking in X-Plane 11 :lol:

64 bit is the way to go, P3d, X-Plane 11 and other sims now all seem to be run on 64 bit apart from FSX!!

To run it will be off from one of the Microsoft Servers once you have created an account with them as it will be released on Windows using the Xbox Game Pass. Xbox Game Pass games are cross-platform compatible so can be used on both Windows and Xbox with a subscription to the service.

My guess is that if you have an i5 upwards then it should work OK, the more the merrier. I have to admit that the scenery really is really the cats' eyes and will certainly give P3d, X-Plane 11 a run for their money but.........you do require a stable connection, mine has the habit of losing connection when it rain!! :wall: So would hate to be mid-flight and then be disconnected!! :rant:

My plan at the moment is to stick with X Plane 11, even though I am very tempted, the monthly fee is $10 which works out to be around £7.96.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-pc-list

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

5$ A month for XBox games pass for PC
Yes it does look like broadband speed may be a limiting factor, but I would think it would buffer scenery up in memory.
I hope it's still not based on the old esp engine, but would be nice if we could use our existing add-ons, well at least 64bit compatible.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

5$ A month for XBox games pass for PC
Hi Dale, that is only the Beta Price, not sure for how long though then it goes up.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass#join

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

*-) Here's hoping we have a reduced subscription for those that don't want X box or the other 99 games for that matter :agree:
Dale
Image Image Image

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Subscription? Well that will be me out of MSFS. How does that work out if you don't touch the sim in weeks I wonder.

Only posting that response in case MS spies watch the forums.
Alex

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks for all the info guys!...Yes we have completed our house move and I have a very nice “Flight Deck” or “Man Cave”...I’l try to post a picture later. The house is new build and has fibre broadband, which is very fast and I think it would cope with the new sim’s system. I’m looking forward to getting it going in the new year. My old computer has ceased to cope with Prepar3d and the latest version requires 64bit anyway. Cheers for now and thanks again for the info! BTW...my lovely old Dakota is still stuck in Berlin, Templehof where I left it...I would be great if I could get it to run in the new sim. Then I could continue my voyage around the world!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Subscription? Well that will be me out of MSFS. How does that work out if you don't touch the sim in weeks I wonder.
As far as I am aware it can be done on a monthly subscription so you could in effect just miss a few months without having to pay.

Pleased to hear that your move went well Peter,
BTW...my lovely old Dakota is still stuck in Berlin, Templehof where I left it...I would be great if I could get it to run in the new sim. Then I could continue my voyage around the world!
Blimey! Thought you had completed it! Will look forward to reading more of your 'Around the World Adventures' as soon as you get airborne.

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Avoid avoid avoid Intel processors for a new build. Ryzen 3000 processors are now available and offer far better performance for the money.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.