NewFlightDeck...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: NewFlightDeck...

Post by petermcleland »

Mostly the TBM but I'm still having problems with the Auto Pilot but I will get used to it!

I've been flying the Pitts for a while and done various aerobatics...I have found one thing about it that amazes me and that is the rate of roll...Its roll is faster the Hunter! It really startled me when I slammed full aileron...three rolls before I could stop it and even then there was a lot of rocking required to get it straight and level. It reminded me of the first time I slammed full aileron in the Hunter...I slammed full left and my bone dome hit the right side of the canopy very hard!

I noticed that the Pitts is not equipped with any lights. no nav lights or instrument lights...So I guess it is not really suitable for night flying! I am flying it at airfields around Nairobi where I have done aerobatic displays in the past, flying Venoms and Hunters...Eastleigh, Wilson and Jomo Kenyatta ( Embakazi in my day). I am really enjoying flying in Kenya and Tanzania (Tanganyika in my day!)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: NewFlightDeck...

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now that was one hell of a triple barrel roll Peter, that would certainly have disorientated the pilot after coming out of it!! Reminds me of the story of Ray Hanna who removed a fuse on the Folland Gnat after he found how quickly the aircraft rolled to get around not having the aircraft subject to air evaluation tests by Boscombe Down Test Pilots.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.