NewFlightDeck...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: NewFlightDeck...

Post by Nigel H-J »

I cannot but think after all the video releases I have seen of MS2020, how other platforms such as P3D and X-Plane 11are going to compete against the graphics and sounds.

I have to admit as much as I love X-Plane11 and will continue to fly it MS2020 is, from what I have seen already, far better and I just hope that when released, it is affordable and not by a monthly payment.

Some have even suggested that if it is a one off payment as with other flight simulations then it could be around £45, multiply that by how many millions would purchase it then MS would make quite a healthy profit.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

But if you thank that P3D is fifty quid every year or two, and similarly XP? a £5 per month subscription might be a better option... who knows.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Na, I reckon $1 per year is about right :hide:
George

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I shall be very interested to give it a try when it finally appears, but I seem to be in a minority in having reservations so far . The clouds seem far less realistic than in X Plane , and whilst the buildings detail appears to be far superior , for reasons that I find hard to explain the overall topographical scenery does not quite look as realistic as in X Plane. I'm not that much taken with the aircraft either so far . I think it is clear that there are certain areas where MSFS 2020 is streets ahead, but unless all the features meld together successfully satisfaction overall may be hard to achieve, and for me the clouds detract considerably

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

The clouds seem far less realistic than in X Plane
What mod are you using for clouds in X Plane? I find the clouds to be just so so though I do not have anything such as payware clouds or environment, must be missing out from somewhere!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I like the clouds in FSMS2020 very much. I like them more than any others that I've seen, but I've never used Xplane.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Its very difficult to make a sound judgement on many aspects because its still in Alpha. There are some very nice aspects to it from what I have seen, but it has very much a long way to go.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Nigel H-J wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 12:33

What mod are you using for clouds in X Plane?
Regards
Nigel.

Nigel : I believe ( but am not certain ) that I eventually settled on FSRealWX . One point I perhaps should make is that I always use real world weather which in any event seems to produce more realistic results than setting it up manually

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »