More MFFS...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: More MFFS...

Post by Nigel H-J »

I'm only in if it supports VR.
PrePar3D in VR is mindblowing.
From what I can glean is that VR will not be supported after its' release until much later but that may depend on how much pressure is placed on MS to include it sooner rather than later, don't even know whether Track IR will work in it either.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

Just a quick heads up. If you go over to https://flightsimulator.com and log into the insider section, you’ll see the latest video instalment about airports in the new sim. Lots of clever and interesting stuff, but probably more questions than answers.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Wow, now that is good but where does this leave third party companies such as Orbx and those who already make airports as add-ons?

OK, some may say that the airports could be improved but with that amount of animation, who cares. Not I, payware airports do improve X-Plane 11 enormously as the default ones are just so-so but looking at the MS2020 ones in that video they come more or less complete.

I think the smaller airfields such as Wickenby, Gamston, Popham et-all may need more refinement such as payware add-ons but the opportunity to add and create will make it much more interesting.

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Nigel, they’ve only done 80 or so in detail. And he says a lot of it is in xml and he said you could create your own airport traffic using the SDK. The tool thy are using looked very like ADE with a sexy front end

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben, sorry I was not listening closely enough to the guys' comments, nor was I looking at the text of what he was saying as too much involved in watching the video itself.

Regards
Nigel.