Frightning!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Frightning!

Post by Silversim »

Nigel H-J wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 20:41
I Lined up for landing at 200kts then reduced power for touchdown nose came down and the landing was down then up then down.........

Regards
Nigel.
Same here Nigel, after a fab flight up the Bristol Channel in the 92 Sqn repaint (I'm ex RAF Gutersloh ;) ) I returned to my home patch at EGHH with similar results...underwear replacement was advisable ;)

I won't park it up just yet with all the BA Airbuses' at EGHH ;).....maybe a few practice circuits will improve my handling of the Frightning :lol:

Best regards,
Gina.
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Gina, there is an option to this problem............Just depends on whether Just Flight convert their Lightning to X Plane 11!! 8)

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Well, I have now tried the March update , and found that it is now flyable. The nose down pitch with reheat has gone, as has the sink below 200 knots , and with a little practice found it possible to achieve a reasonably tidy approach at c.180 knots and landing at about 150 knots . I shall definitely keep trying it now, and would encourage NH-J to give it another go

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

The nose down pitch with reheat has gone, as has the sink below 200 knots , and with a little practice found it possible to achieve a reasonably tidy approach at c.180 knots and landing at about 150 knots . I shall definitely keep trying it now, and would encourage NH-J to give it another go
:-O WHAT!!!???

Firstly I need to buy more underwear after my last flight!! :hide:

Regards
Nigel.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Nigel : is it possible that you downloaded the original again ? The one I downloaded was updated on IIRC March 6 or 20, and it is most definitely quite different in the flight dynamics from that which we got a couple of months ago . I wouldn't say I found it easy to fly, and pitch trim took a long time to work in either direction , but the nose down tendency seemed to have disappeared

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

I had a go at this. Got it up okay and got it down okay but then rapidly ran out of runway (this was Waddington!) and ended up on a road trip heading South East. Despite a generally successful flight there's too much wrong with the flight model for it to be a keeper but it was fun while it lasted.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel : is it possible that you downloaded the original again ?
Just checked and it is the latest version, unfortunately have to agree with Chris when he wrote
there's too much wrong with the flight model
Going to wait for any further releases and see if there is an improvement.

Regards
Nigel.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Chris P : did you use the drogue, which is operated by pushing the chute button on the panel ? It makes a huge difference to the rollout

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

That would have helped!

The problem isn't so much the road trip but the flight model in general. It could probably be tweaked to be better but that and the rather eccentric cockpit mean that this is grounded for the time being.