Blown away

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Re: Blown away

Post by emfrat »

Airspeed wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 06:12
Looking at Brisbane below, no more roads and buildings cut in half by waterways, and goodbye oceanic water texture on inland water. BUT; will we lose road traffic in the process?
There should be at least half-a-dozen substantial bridges visible in that shot, and I can't see any. If they can generate 3-D land structures from orthophotos, why can't they do bridges?
ATB
MikeW

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Have to agree, Mike. Either it is going to be real, or it isn't. They had better make it real if they want my money.
I complained bitterly to ORBX when FTXAU came out. The petrochemical area west of Melbourne was generic factories.
I see that their latest updates at least put dockyard cranes in the port. I had built my own overlay for that whole area.

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Yeah, looks terrible for an incomplete preview, may as well stick with FSX...

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

SkippyBing wrote:
22 Feb 2020, 12:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Yeah, looks terrible for an incomplete preview, may as well stick with FSX...
Point taken, Skippy, let's hope that it gets that extra detail by the time of release.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

TBH I think a lot of the details will come from the 3rd party addons. It’s not in their long term interest to harm developers who can keep enhancing the world in between major releases. I suspect they’ll strike a balance between real enough for most users, but not so much that it takes up all their time. They’ve focused on the 80 most popular airports in FSX, and my guess is they’ll make a decent fist of this. TBH it’s been the likes of the UK2000 team that have kept my interest in flight sim over the years, as I like my home bases to look realistic. There are no more than half a dozen international airports that I’ve bought over the years. I imagine that’s similar for a lot of people... they buy the airports they use.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Ben,
What I find vaguely amusing is that preview covers at least half the add-on airports I've either bought or want! Eg St Barts, Saba, and Lukla. Now how to convince them to include Kai Tak as an active airfield...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Skip,
Great Minds! I absolutely love KaiTak. I’m really hoping it will be possible to add airports that no longer exist. I’m hoping that as that ADE esq tool they are using looks familiar, adding no airports will also be possible. What was missing seemed to be non flag runways.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage