A2A giveaway

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

A2A giveaway

Post by DaveG »

Just a HU, A2A are giving away their Accusim P40 as a gesture of good will during the Corona virus outbreak.
You may find their site is a bit slow at the moment! :lol:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A2A giveaway

Post by Paul K »

I’ll be back in Cambridge next week, and will grab it then. It wasn’t something I was ever going to buy, but it is highly regarded, so I’m looking forward to trying it out. A wonderful act of generosity from A2A, and one which won’t be forgotten.
:thumbsup:

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Cheers Dave. Easy log in and download at the moment.

:welldone:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Yes, thanks Dave. ;)
I apparently hadn't moved to the NEW sales platform, so had initial problems, but got there eventually. Couldn't work out why there were two files; when I tried to unzip the smaller one, I was told it was already done, and did I want to over-write?
Must have a go today.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

I'm finding it to be very challenging. Start up, take off, going well. Gear up...gear up...gear up. It refuses to do so. Using stick and keyboard buttons

RTFM!! OK, lever in UP position. Manual pump for all I'm worth. Gear stays down.

Enter circuit at Duxford. Flaps down. Check speed. Good approach. Smooth touch down, rolling down the runway and slowing down. Lower the tail, and BANG! The tail wheel collapses.

I manage to clear the runway, but can't taxi to parking.

Back to the manual I guess. I wont give up because it's a nice aircraft, and a wonderful gesture by A2A.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

My quick no-read test flight was a disaster, undercarriage wouldn't budge, flaps same, VERY touchy on the controls (Yes, it's a high performance fighter, not a saloon car), and eventually, the engine caught fire. Decided much reading to do.

canuck51
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by canuck51 »

It is certainly a relief that I'm using the bona fide learning technique, wrecking the aircraft has always been my best incentive for rtfm. Even after doing that I didn't realize until watching a Wells Sullivan video that the hydraulic pump is operated by a switch on the stick. She is a beauty, a fine gesture from A2A and much appreciated.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Even after doing that I didn't realize until watching a Wells Sullivan video that the hydraulic pump is operated by a switch on the stick.

Many thanks for pointing out where the hydraulic pump is canuck, savesw me having to :rtfm: now!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

There's an option in one of the popup Accusim windows for an automatic hydraulic pump. ;)
Dave G.

canuck51
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by canuck51 »

DaveG, this is true, but then you don't get to play with the knobs. I like the fact that the oil dilution actually works - I guess I'm impressed by small things. The boss of the house just said she is as well, what could she mean by that?