Heads Up SR - 53

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Heads Up SR - 53

Post by Swanoir »

Just downloading now from Flightsim.com, Saunders Roe SR-53. Haven't flown it yet so can't comment on quality.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Re: Heads Up SR - 53

Post by Buggyman »

Very twitchy. Managed to make several supersonic holes in mother earth so far and throttle control is pretty delicate too.

Just sayin…

Allan

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Buggyman wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 21:04
Very twitchy. Managed to make several supersonic holes in mother earth so far and throttle control is pretty delicate too.

Just sayin…

Allan
Actually thanks for that, I still haven't got around to installing it yet, so I don't think Ill bother :thumbsup:

Nosnilmot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nosnilmot »

Author says that its his first FSX aircraft - a far better job than I could ever manage - Lets encourage him with this rare type - remember the old Airfix kit ......

Quite fun with a hunter VC substituted and 56 Sqdn checkers !

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Not putting the guy down - more a reflection of my ham-fistedness than anything else. :worried:

We need these guys to give that extra variety in our sim life and, indeed, keep it alive.

That said;
a hunter VC substituted
how is that done please.

ATB

Allan

Nosnilmot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Nosnilmot »

Hi - the usual .....

Copied over interior model from a payware hunter that I'd bought in the past - could use any freeware FSX native internal model from a suitable type as an alternative (perhaps the recently issued Phantom on Simviation ?). Edited the Model.cfg file in notepad, copied over the new panel folder and relevant VC textures, and finally edited the viewpoint in the aircraft.cfg file, again with notepad.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thanks. I'll give it a go later on.

'Boss' is under the stairs with a spoon, I'm taking walks round the garden to spread the soil. Reckon we'll be out of here in about 12 weeks unless we hit another gas pipe...………. :S

Allan

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Had a go at that and it has transformed the handling considerably. Managed a near perfect ILS approach and landing. Just got to fine tune it a bit as I've lost reheat.

With the changed handling this becomes quite an acceptable kit especially for a first time effort. :thumbsup:

Many thanks.

Allan