Getting Ready...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Getting Ready...

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hello Peter :hello: Good to see you back and also your new computer and flight controls.

I guess the 'Getting Ready' will be for MS2020? With all this trouble concerning the Coronavirus I just wonder how much of a delay it is going to cause for the release.

Doubt if I will be getting it straight away, really want to see how it progresses before I hit the buy now button!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Nigel, after watching all the videos I am convinced that MS FS 20 20 is far and away the very best that the world has ever seen and the Alpha testing is now reaching its conclusion and Beta testing about to start...I expect the FS 20 20 will be released in August or September. I’m about as far as I can go in preparation as I’m held up by the desk that I’m putting it all on will not arrive till about 13th June, so I’m restlessly twiddling my thumbs at the moment !

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks to all who wished me a happy 86th birthday...I'm ashamed to say that I only just saw it...However, I have now passed my 87th so I will imagine that all your good wishes stand for this one...Thank you All for those !!
Last edited by petermcleland on 31 May 2020, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Nice to see you back Peter :thumbsup:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Peter,
Like they said, good to see you in the air again!
This launch of yours looks bigger than the shot at the ISS!

You are one of those whose d.o.b. is not in your profile, otherwise you'd be getting lots of greetings. :poke:
For now, you'll be part of the generic 1st June greeting for all those secretive Members. :agree:

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Peter! :hello:

Brian

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Hello Peter. Nice to see you back. :hello: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Great to see you back Peter, and your preparations look well advanced. What specification did you go for with the PC? Are you using your existing monitor set up?

All the best,

Ben
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel, after watching all the videos I am convinced that MS FS 20 20 is far and away the very best that the world has ever seen and the Alpha testing is now reaching its conclusion and Beta testing about to start...I expect the FS 20 20 will be released in August or September. I’m about as far as I can go in preparation as I’m held up by the desk that I’m putting it all on will not arrive till about 13th June, so I’m restlessly twiddling my thumbs at the moment !
Hello Peter, I too have been very impressed with the videos as well but presently I am flying in X-Plane 11 and from the perspective of True Earth regions I think I will be staying with X Plane 11 for a while yet.

From one reviewer I watched regarding MS2020 and X Plane 11 is that aerodynamically, they are both equal so with having spent quite a bit of money on this platform and of memories of how much I have spent on FSX and uninstalled it I don't want to be in too much of a hurry to throw more money around just yet, but having said that, maybe sometime in the future.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.