New Stick and Throttle from Thrustmaster

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

New Stick and Throttle from Thrustmaster

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I currently use a Thrustmaster Hotas X which is OK for what it is but I've always wanted something just a bit better, to put it bluntly.
The majority of sticks available seem to be biased towards military Sims and are loaded with flip switches and buttons galore. I'm unable to use a yoke as I sit on the sofa when I fly and the Hotas X just sits comfortably on my lap.

Today, Thrustmaster are announcing this...

I sense the future Mrs Bravo isn't going to be happy :hide:

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/06/18 ... on-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4zRLN8 ... =emb_title

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: New Stick and Throttle from Thrustmaster

Post by Nigel H-J »

I sense a bit of a spending spree this year for you Chris, 1st the side stick then the throttles then the flap levers...............If your future Mrs Bravo is not going to be happy don't forget to tell her that the reason why you need this joystick is that with the interchangeable modules she can sit either side of you on the sofa whilst you fly!! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Interesting, I usually use my old Logitech extreme and occasionally pull out my Saitek throttle when I need more engine control. I had tried several HOTAS and yokes but they are either too focused on military and not good for the couch. But this looks interesting, a twin engine throttle more geared toward jets would be interesting.

I am also interested in the new Honeycomb throttle quadrant that is coming out which looks very interesting, but may be too big for use on the couch.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

This looks very good, but really - iconic thrust levers ? Iconic ?? 8) At some point I'm going to need a throttle quadrant to go with a yoke, but I'm a bit worried about the Honeycomb unit's build quality, so this TM one might suit me better. Thanks for the HU, Joe.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

At some point I'm going to need a throttle quadrant to go with a yoke, but I'm a bit worried about the Honeycomb unit's build quality, so this TM one might suit me better.
Hi Paul, if the Honeycombe Yoke is anything to go by then I would be very tempted to buy the throttle quadrant, looks really amazing after watching a video of it on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVuaJysKpCE

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 14:38
Hi Paul, if the Honeycombe Yoke is anything to go by then I would be very tempted to buy the throttle quadrant, looks really amazing after watching a video of it on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVuaJysKpCE

Regards
Nigel.
Hi Nigel - thanks for the video link. There's no denying the versatility of the Honeycomb quadrant, what with all the ways it can be configured to suit different aircraft. I tried out an early prototype at Cosford last October, and it felt a little flimsy to be honest. The Honeycomb rep said that it was still in development, so hopefully they'll have it dealt with by the time it goes on sale.

How are you getting on with the Honeycomb yoke ? Still working okay ? :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, :hello: Finding the Honeycombe Yoke extremely good and very pleased with it but at the end of the day it is all down to personal preferences, some may not like it, others may like it!!

I would certainly advise to watch or read up the reviews of the Honeycombe Yoke, not just one but a few reviews as they do tend to change from one presenter to another. :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I really like the look of this CB. I’m still using my Sidewinder which has been bulletproof over the years, but this looks to tick lots of boxes. I prefer flying larger aircraft and space is a premium, so a yoke is out of the question. I noticed Peter has a similar Thrustmaster stick, albeit more of a fighter style one. I also like the modular design and the idea that when the throttle becomes available you can disable the throttle on the stick. I’m sorely tempted. Have you pre ordered it or are you still waiting to see?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

TSR2 wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 23:11
I really like the look of this CB. I’m still using my Sidewinder which has been bulletproof over the years, but this looks to tick lots of boxes. I prefer flying larger aircraft and space is a premium, so a yoke is out of the question. I noticed Peter has a similar Thrustmaster stick, albeit more of a fighter style one. I also like the modular design and the idea that when the throttle becomes available you can disable the throttle on the stick. I’m sorely tempted. Have you pre ordered it or are you still waiting to see?
Still waiting to see at the moment mate.
I wish they'd not based the stick on the T16000 as I don't find it overly attractive but there we go. I'm also hoping that the throttle unit is roughly the size it looks to be when compared to the stick, as in the picture.
If it is then I can see me possibly getting it but if it's huge, it'll be a no go.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Nigel H-J wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 17:08
I sense a bit of a spending spree this year for you Chris, 1st the side stick then the throttles then the flap levers...............If your future Mrs Bravo is not going to be happy don't forget to tell her that the reason why you need this joystick is that with the interchangeable modules she can sit either side of you on the sofa whilst you fly!! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I already get enough of an ear bashing with the models I seem to be unable to resist buying :hide:
I purchased 3x 1/200 Fokker 50s at the end of last year, said that's my lot and now I'm up to 24 Fokker 50s, 70s and 100s :help: :lol:

Ooo that's nice and I haven't got that one yet...