FS2020

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

FS2020

Post by paul26may »

Not sure if this has already been asked but does anyone know if it will be possible to add freeware from FS2004 and FSX to FS2020? Would love to fly the likes of VC10 in the new sim. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: FS2020

Post by TSR2 »

No. :lol:

Its completely different and will need developers to re do their models. Its a completely new sim.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Would anyone here be willing to post a video review without the following;

An irritating voice over

Background music

This would allow us to judge the sim including the sound.

Cheers guys, the ones one youtube are all full of themselves.

Nev

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Yep, agree!! Voices and music are a pain in the @rse when you just want to watch a video on You Tube. Bet some are linking music to videos in breach of copy-right though.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Archer
VC10
VC10

Post by Archer »

Not a full review, but it provides an initial impression: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-53811956
Due to shortages and cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
------------
A Little VC10derness - http://www.VC10.net - Visit the Forum!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have read there will be a way to import FSX native aircraft in a legacy mode but have not actually seen it yet.

I did some experiments with an early alpha with FSX native aircraft, I was able to get them to fly, but the gauges did not work, I have not tried it recently so I don't know if its different. I have downloaded the SDK so hope to find out.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

keithb77x
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by keithb77x »

Hi,
you can import FSX-native models into MSFS, need to have 3D-modelled gauges to be worth doing.
I've imported several older Aircraft Heaven models that work well (BoB Spitfire and Hurricane), also Ant's Tiger Moth demo, GAS Stearman demo.
FC Lancaster surprisingly good :)
Was looking for Dave Garwood's Hunter but can't get the library download to work...any idea's where it is best downloaded from now?
Thanks
Keith

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

The Hunter download here should work. :dunno:
I did try it myself in MSFS, but it was mostly invisible in sim. All the models I've tried so far have some sort of problem. Personally, I'd rather wait for proper native models. ;)
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Agree with Dave, even models with XML gauges have issues with materials etc. I am curious, how did you get a landable ship into MSFS? :worried:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

keithb77x
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by keithb77x »

Sorry, that's a bit of a fudge - it's not landable yet, MCX has a function to add hard decks to objects, I was going to try that.
I was an alpha tester hamster so I'm a bit bored with the default planes, but you're probably right about waiting.

I can only get pictures of the Hunter in the library ... clicked all the ZIP icons, no joy. I got it from Rikooo. All textures fine apart from the main instruments are covered by white disks - probably a missing reflective texture, should be fixable.
Jets mostly don't fly at all yet in MSFS, but Rob Richardsons Meteor F3, does (just) and looks lovely.
Engine power is off, next thing to fix then should be good :)
Cheers
Keith