FS 2020 BLACK SCREEN

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

FS 2020 BLACK SCREEN

Post by Buggyman »

I'm not having a fun time with this new wonder sim. In fact I'm seriously considering asking for a refund and sticking with P3D. Let me explain:

I pre-order 2020 quite a while back. I got the initial download on 17 Aug like most others. I went on line to download the whole sim but was told I had already downloaded it. Sure enough there was an app in my store which I clicked and waited. Initially things looked good with all the initial screens ending up with the flying aircraft page and the instruction to "Press any key to start". This results in a black screen with the same instruction and nothing else.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this sim 3 times, I even left the black screen running for 10 hours just in case it was downloading. It wasn't, there is just the 990MB initial file. MS are not being helpful, all their posts seem to end up telling me how wonderful it is - wish I could find out for myself.

So, summat is wrong but I don't know what. MS say I have installed it but there is no evidence of it on any of my drives. I have lots of space, all drivers are up to date including the latest for 2020 for NVIDEA. Is it because I have designated the F Drive for the folders and not taken the offered C Drive? Both drives (SSDs) have at least 1.6TB spare room.

Any ideas?

Allan

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FS 2020 BLACK SCREEN

Post by Scorpius »

I bought the standard edition but it is quite easy to get it to hang up.

Dare I say that you may need to download it again?

It is a very basic sim, no multiple views that I can find yet. Scenery is okay but I don't like the splash sceens at the start or the music.
Feels like I am at the cinema.

Not a fan so far,

Nev

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: FS 2020 BLACK SCREEN

Post by TSR2 »

Allan,

In the other thread I explained how there are 3 components. The first bit is all that's been download so far. That is the 1 - 1.5 GB Core or Launcher program. This doesn't contain any models / sceneries etc, these come down later.

The first strep (unless you have already tried this) is to uninstall this core program. To do so, find the icon in the start menu, right click on it and select "Uninstall"

My guessing, and its only a guess, is that there's possibly something a miss with your Graphics card or driver. I'm not saying its broken, but something isn't quite right.

The other thing to do (after the uninstall) is to check for updates within the windows store, not system updates.

If you can let me know how you get on with that, and send me a PM I have another thought.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage