P3D 5.1 + Hotfix

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

P3D 5.1 + Hotfix

Post by spatialpro »

As mentioned in previous threads I'm spending the majority of my time these days ogling (aka flying) in MSFS... but I can't leave P3D alone. I thought v5 was great out-of-the-box, whilst v5.1 fixed some issues. I just got around to installing the v5.1 Hotfix and.... WOW... this sim feels like an absolute gem now!!! :) Great FPS, smooth as silk and looks great. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: P3D 5.1 + Hotfix

Post by Scorpius »

Great FPS, smooth as silk and looks great. Am I the only one experiencing this?
No, I have seen a considerable improvement in frame rates with 3 monitors and 1 GPU card. With the Carenado S360, True Earth UK and Bournemouth from Scenerery 2000 seeing 40+ fps. :thumbsup:

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

P3d has been removed from my pc while I try to sort out why my m2 drives keep becoming disconnected (it started when I installed a second drive for msfs) With the disappointment of EA and the fact they broke the fsx weather. Along with the continued improvements to msfs, probably means P3d won't be reinstalled
Dale
Image Image Image

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

After years of using FSX and it's predecessors I installed P3D v5.1 this week. An awful lot of modifying and fixing and a lot of pondering how to get things like GoFlight and Saitek hardware working under 5.1 but I got there and finally got to go flying. What a difference, so smooth and, of course, no OOM problems any more. Still an awful lot to learn i suspect but I really like it.

One question though, the default weather is not all that impressive so are there any better weather engines for the sim?

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD