Resurrection - back from the dead

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

decapod
Viscount
Viscount

Resurrection - back from the dead

Post by decapod »

Hi All,

Time for my foray back into flight sims - happens every few years when I find some spare time (despite my day job being related to virus testing!)
I generally just lurk here and watch Peter's videos :)
Got FSX installed and running on a PC a few years old, so not really up to speed for the latest and greatest MSFS.

Someone from Oz (also called Paul) was looking for various versions of my old BA Swallow II, FSX and the FS2004 models. I think I found most of them and I've given him permission to upload them to more of the flight sim file libraries.
A couple of years ago, someone else did the same for the FSX version at simouthouse but it's awkward to find things there.

He's still missing a few items - such as the Pobjoy sound set Gary Jones made for it - does anyone have a copy?

I'm also looking at getting back up and running with the Luton Minor - it might take a while as I've forgotten more about development than my brain will actually hold these days.
I've found a lot of the source files but if anyone has any of the luton beta files I sent out or any updates I'd really appreciate a copy - asking a lot here, this goes back 10 years or so.

Cheers all,
Paul
Paul Gausden
~~~~~~~~~~~
3D modelling blog - http://decapod99.wordpress.com/

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Re: Resurrection - back from the dead

Post by emfrat »

Hello Paul -
I have ca25f25dTwin+Pobjoy+sound.zip, 4896kb, download dated 19/02/2010. which I used in the JBK Monospar in FS9.

From the sound.cfg:
// This Sound.cfg file created by FS Sound Studio - http://www.fssoundstudio.com
// Built Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 20:03 FS Sound Studio Build:7716

Welcome back!
MikeW

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Welcome back, Paul! :hello:

Brian

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Good to see you again Paul, hope all’s well.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Nice to see you pop in again, Paul. ;)

decapod
Viscount
Viscount

Post by decapod »

Thanks Mike - Unfortunately the twin pobjoy is probably not that useful, would be difficult to separate out the sound of one.

Hello again everyone :)

Apart from the Luton, I was also thinking of a Tipsy B - dangerous to ask but any other classic british GA people would like to see?
Paul Gausden
~~~~~~~~~~~

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Hi Paul,

It was I who uploaded swallow pack to Sim - outhouse after we corresponded , I use the same handle there btw

Ps found out I have a family connection to G-AFGE,
My dad did a repair to the wingtip back in 1970's after it had been damaged in a ground incident

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

decapod
Viscount
Viscount

Post by decapod »

Cheers for that Pete - Always encouraging for designers to hear their models are still being used :)

Since my FS2004/FSX work up to 2011 I have actually made hundreds of Aircraft models - just not for flight simulators, these are printed by Shapeways
It's helped to improve my building techniques - perhaps I could use a few of them as a basis for FS models? https://www.shapeways.com/shops/decapod ... %3A144&s=0
Depends if anyone here is into WW1 planes :)

P.S. - Has anyone tried the Swallow in MSFS2020? I tried to keep it as standard as possible so it may work.
Paul Gausden
~~~~~~~~~~~

lastivka
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by lastivka »

G'day, I'm the Paul from Oz who requested the sound file for Paul Gausden's BA Swallow II. Perhaps to make it easier for someone to find it, I'd like to clarify that there were 4 sound files created by Gary Jones for the Pobjoy engines:
  1. The long exhaust version for Paul Gausden's BA Swallow II - not available online and the one I'm looking for.
  2. The short exhaust version (made for Ted Cook's Comper Kite) - available online - included in the Comper Kite package by Keith Paine.
  3. Twin-engine versions for David Molyneaux's Short Scion and Jens Kristensen's GA Monospar - not available online
  4. Four-engine version for Ted Cook's GAL Night Shadower - not available online.
All of these were issued on the now-defunct classicbritish.files.com in 2010. It would be great to make these available again - the aircraft just don't seem to be the same when they are aliased to the Cessna 172 sounds....

So, please start looking in your archives! :thumbsup:
Attachments
Paul Gausden's BA Swallow II (Pobjoy engine) - without the sound!
Paul Gausden's BA Swallow II (Pobjoy engine) - without the sound!
BA Swallow II (Pobjoy engine).jpg (107.07 KiB) Viewed 1927 times

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

decapod wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 17:13
Hi All,

Time for my foray back into flight sims - happens every few years when I find some spare time (despite my day job being related to virus testing!)
I generally just lurk here and watch Peter's videos :)
Got FSX installed and running on a PC a few years old, so not really up to speed for the latest and greatest MSFS.

Someone from Oz (also called Paul) was looking for various versions of my old BA Swallow II, FSX and the FS2004 models. I think I found most of them and I've given him permission to upload them to more of the flight sim file libraries.
A couple of years ago, someone else did the same for the FSX version at simouthouse but it's awkward to find things there.

He's still missing a few items - such as the Pobjoy sound set Gary Jones made for it - does anyone have a copy?

I'm also looking at getting back up and running with the Luton Minor - it might take a while as I've forgotten more about development than my brain will actually hold these days.
I've found a lot of the source files but if anyone has any of the luton beta files I sent out or any updates I'd really appreciate a copy - asking a lot here, this goes back 10 years or so.

Cheers all,
Paul
Paul, I have the Luton Minor for both FS9 & FSX versions. FS9#2 dated 28/1/2011, & FSX#2 dated 23/1/2011. Have earlier versions too. PM your e-mail & I will send. Just flown FSX version & suspect FS9 same VSI reads a factor of 10 too big. I don't know of any that read in hundreds of fpm all read thousands!
Regards
Keith