Sound files for Pobjoy radial engine

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

lastivka
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Sound files for Pobjoy radial engine

Post by lastivka »

Hi, I'm looking for the Pobjoy radial engine sound file for Paul Gausden's BA Swallow II. Does anyone have it?

With permission, I would like to upload Paul Gausden's Swallow II (both the Pobjoy as well as the Cirrus engine versions), but I'd like to incorporate the sound files that were specifically made by Gary Jones, way back in 2010, and previously available on the now-defunct classicbritishfiles.com site. The sound files have not been seen since on any online site.... :|

To clarify, there were 4 different sound file packages created by Gary Jones for the Pobjoy engines:
  1. The long exhaust version for Paul Gausden's BA Swallow II - not available online and the one I'm looking for.
  2. The short exhaust version (made for Ted Cook's Comper Kite) - available online - included in the Comper Kite package by Keith Paine.
  3. Twin-engine versions for David Molyneaux's Short Scion and Jens Kristensen's GA Monospar - not available online
  4. Four-engine version for Ted Cook's GAL Night Shadower - not available online.
All of these were issued on the now-defunct classicbritishfiles.com in 2010. It would be great to make these long-lost files available again - the aircraft just don't have the same character when they are aliased to the Cessna 172 sounds....

Please start looking in your archives! :thumbsup:
Attachments
Paul Gaussen's BA Swallow II with Pobjoy engine.
BA Swallow II (Pobjoy engine) Yellow & Silver scheme.jpg (107.07 KiB) Viewed 601 times
BA Swallow II (Pobjoy engine) Red & Silver scheme.jpg (109.92 KiB) Viewed 601 times

lastivka
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Sound files for Pobjoy radial engine

Post by lastivka »

I'm happy to announce that Paul Gausden has trawled through his archives (going back more than 10 years!) and found the specific sound files for the Pobjoy engine BA Swallow II. Great work! :welldone:

If anyone else has the following Pobjoy engine sound files, it would be good to make these publicly accessible as well:

* Twin-engine version for David Molyneaux's Short Scion and Jens Kristensen's GA Monospar - not available online
* Four-engine version for Ted Cook's GAL Night Shadower - not available online.

Paul