How Many Cars??

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: How Many Cars??

Post by Airspeed »

There are about 10 or 15 paint variations, but only one shows in my selection list, though I have "Show all variations" ticked. Perhaps they were FS2004 that were never ported over? The instruments appear on the panel, but some do not work in FSX, the co-pilot does not appear, and I confirm the rather scary transparent areas under the panel.
No doubt it was good for FS9, but it has not transformed to FSX well imho.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Airspeed wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 12:13
There are about 10 or 15 paint variations, but only one shows in my selection list, though I have "Show all variations" ticked. Perhaps they were FS2004 that were never ported over?
Any FS2004 repaint should work in FSX. In matter of fact, 75 percent of repaints in my FSX were actually FS2004 repaints!!!

The instruments appear on the panel, but some do not work in FSX, the co-pilot does not appear, and I confirm the rather scary transparent areas under the panel.
Why not alias to any FSX compatible cockpit panel???
Airspeed wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 12:13
No doubt it was good for FS9, but it has not transformed to FSX well imho.
I will try my luck installing it into my FSX and alias to any FSX compatible cockpit panel

Meanwhile I got answers from more experts who told me that this plane can carry EIGHT Mini cars or FOUR normal cars!!

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Aharon,

I know it’s not strictly accurate, but if you are going to alias a panel, the Viscount might be the best bet as it has the same 4 Dart engines.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TSR2 wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 16:55
I know it’s not strictly accurate, but if you are going to alias a panel, the Viscount might be the best bet as it has the same 4 Dart engines.
Thanks for great tip!!!!

Will Brittinna cockpit panel work too or is it too fast for Argosy??

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I think it’s both too fast and the wrong engines too.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Okay thanks again for great tip and I will try to alias the panel to Viscount plane and see if it works in FSX

Regards,

Aharon

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Hi Aharon,

The biggest frustration to me when I finally moved from FS9 to FSX was the number of turboprop aircraft that were allegedly FSX compatible but were completely unstartable. Only recently I have finally discovered that FSX introduced a different start coding for turboprops, but there appears to be little discussion about it nor recognition of it as a problem. It seems to show that little testing took place, and I'm amazed that this many years on they have never been fixed. I guess most users start their flights with engines running.

With much perseverance I have them all working now. The Argosy has proved one of the most difficult for lack of a suitable substitute panel (the Viscount panel is so different it wouldn't suit me) and in the end I configured the number keypad keys 1 to 4 (with Number Lock off) to "Starter One (on/off)" etc through the FSX Controls menu.

You can then start the Argosy with its provided panel in an almost realistic manner as follows:
  1. Master Switch On
  2. Set Fuel Trim
  3. Battery Switch - Normal
  4. NUM 4
  5. Generator 4 - On
Repeat 4 & 5 for other engines in turn, start order is (I'm told) 4,3,2,1.

Best regards,

John

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

John,

Thanks for great explanations! Nice to meet you here on the CBFSIM forums.
johnhinson wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 04:46
[*]Set Fuel Trim
Never heard of expression which is to set fuel trim. What is fuel trim?

Regards,

Aharon

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

Open the pop-up with the Down-pointing arrow icon. By default, mine start at zero and the engines won't start without fuel! I believe the correct setting for start-up is 50%, and you should adjust at various stages of flight but if your employer isn't chary about fuel consumption you can crank them up to 100% and forget about them . . .

John

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Aharon : the link gives a quite good explanation of the fuel trim for Darts . The major function is to a. ensure that full power in any particular atmospheric conditions is available with the power lever fully forward and , just as important, b. keep the turbine temperature within limits . Note that with these early gas turbines , sudden movements of the power levers could cause serious hot section damage

https://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-45229.html