How Many Cars??

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

How Many Cars??

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I would like to know how many cars can Armstrong Whitworth Argosy carry?

And is FSX version of this freeware model base difficult to install or to fly?? I heard rumors that people are having hard time starting engines for that Argosy plane.

Regards,

Aharon

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: How Many Cars??

Post by Vancouver »

Depends, Minis or Cadillacs. :agree:
Alex

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Vancouver wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 17:50
Depends, Minis or Cadillacs. :agree:
Just average cars or if you prefer, how many British cars per plane and how many American cars per plane.

Regards,

Aharon

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Aharon,
It was built to a specification for 10,000lbs carrying capacity, but appears to have been capable of carrying 29,000lbs, or 13,000Kg.
I couldn't find number of cars listed, so you could find out the internal dimensions and calculate how many cars could fit there, but the weight obviously has to be taken into account also.
Suggestion: try and discover how much a car weighs, and work it out from there.
EDIT- at an estimated 1600Kg each, that would be 8 cars.....now would they fit in the space available?
car crush.jpg
car crush.jpg (9.73 KiB) Viewed 1204 times

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Airspeed,

Thanks for answers.

Regards,

Aharon

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Aharon wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 16:02
Airspeed,

Thanks for answers.

Regards,

Aharon
Hi again, Aharon,
Which freeware version are you talking about, please?
I downloaded the CBFS version, and tbh, I had more trouble installing it than I did starting the engines. Unzipping to the root directory of FSX did not work for me; maybe it's my unzipper, which does not have an option to use sub-directories. I got there eventually.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I could never start all engines Aharon. When I flew her in Fsx I used to load another aircraft first, start the engines then swap to the Argosy, when it would then appear with the engines running. She flew ok in Fsx but there was a bit too much just not right to make her a regular flyer
Dale
Image Image Image

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Airspeed wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 07:41
Which freeware version are you talking about, please?
I downloaded the CBFS version, and tbh, I had more trouble installing it than I did starting the engines. Unzipping to the root directory of FSX did not work for me; maybe it's my unzipper, which does not have an option to use sub-directories. I got there eventually.
Airspeed,

Thanks for warning. I will look out for any installation problems when I start to install that plane that I downloaded from official download center of this fine CBFSIM website. I am not aware there is another freeware model apart from the same one that you and I got from CBFSIM website.
Vc Ten wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 13:38
I could never start all engines Aharon. When I flew her in Fsx I used to load another aircraft first, start the engines then swap to the Argosy, when it would then appear with the engines running. She flew ok in Fsx but there was a bit too much just not right to make her a regular flyer
VC Ten,

Thanks for warning about the engine problems and flight dynamic problems. I will look out for those when I try out this interesting plane.

Meanwhile I just found out from Internet sources that this plane carried SIX Austin Mini Copper cars (same car you see in the famous bank heist movie). Apparently those six cars could fit inside the plane. Also the others said that this plane flew three normal size British cars.

Regards,

Aharon

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Not so much flight dynamics Aharon , it was textures that didn't show in Fsx (you could see the ground through holes in the cockpit. I don't think the autopilot worked either *-)
Rick built the model for fs9, and performed fine in that sim no doubt. The model, unlike his 748 was never "optimised" for Fsx
Dale
Image Image Image

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Vc Ten wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 16:16
Not so much flight dynamics Aharon , it was textures that didn't show in Fsx (you could see the ground through holes in the cockpit. I don't think the autopilot worked either *-) Rick built the model for fs9, and performed fine in that sim no doubt. The model, unlike his 748 was never "optimised" for Fsx
Thanks for interesting warning.

Maybe I can get around the problem by using FS2004 (FS9) model in FSX while aliasing the panel to any FSX compitable panel??

Always want to try this plane out of curiosity to compare it to payware Carvair that I have while always want to try the British plane to recreate historic New Zealand flights

Regards,

Aharon