New British Files Site

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Is this a good idea?

Yes
98%
No
No votes
Possibly (post why)
2%

Total votes: 45

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Today I have added a gallery section for photos and screenshots.

There's nothing on it yet but it looks ok so far, Registered users are able to upload their own images and they will be added automaticaly although i'm not sure how easy this is yet.

I'm debating on adding a very simple forum for peoples questions and queries but like I said earlier, I don't want to tread on any toes.

Could just link to here I suppose but the admins won't want moans about my site on here...

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi

It would be good if you link to here, and we certainly won't moan about it. You'll have to deal with your own queries though. :lol:

As we already have THE cbfs forum well established here, it seems silly to start another one.

Just my 2 cents worth. :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Ben Watson wrote:Hi

It would be good if you link to here, and we certainly won't moan about it. You'll have to deal with your own queries though. :lol:

As we already have THE cbfs forum well established here, it seems silly to start another one.

Just my 2 cents worth. :wink:
Thats's what I was hoping you'd say but didn't want to be so cheeky as to ask outright...

Cheers Ben.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Oooooooooooh strategy! :lol:

TBH the two site do sort of fit well natually and close co operation can only be good for both.

It is an ideal situation as certain this not easily covered by one can be covered by the other. So seperate sites on two sides of the stream with good bridges would serve us well.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

Hi Rob,

Just been looking at the site. Stunning work there matey. Hope you can squeeze in the time to continue in between chasing your a**e on response!! Keep going cos I reckon your site has all the potential to be something really BIG if its gets the backing. All the chaps on here seem to be behind you so theres nothing to stand in your way. Watch out AVSIM/ALL NODES.. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

VEGAS wrote:Hi Rob,

Watch out AVSIM/ALL NODES.. :thumbsup:
Not quite just yet but I suppose you never know.

I'm struggling to think of ideas to publicise it though, I'm not gonna go around spamming message boards, hopefully word of mouth will work it's way around.

I few cheeky emails to other sites asking for links isn't too bad I suppose.

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

I'm struggling to think of ideas to publicise it though, I'm not gonna go around spamming message boards, hopefully word of mouth will work it's way around.
I reckon what we need to do there is write "a review" .... covering all aspects of FS featured on the website .... with lots of illustrations etc .... and get that plastered around most of the international FS forums :think:

Hopefully the power of word and picture might be sufficiently encouraging of peoples attentions and convince them to go to the website. That same review could then be recirculated with updated information and imagery every few months or so .... just to try'n keep things in the limelight :think:

Regular .... "even small but frequent" updates of new stuff also helps maintain interest over a much more prolonged period too .... otherwise people can tire very quickly :think:

Just a few thougts .... my 50 cents worth :think:

You're doing a "FINE JOB" there so far Rob .... and it's up to each one of of us to make it all work and keep it popular as a token of our gratitude :smile:

Mark C