DM BAC1-11 Problem

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

CT100
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

DM BAC1-11 Problem

Post by CT100 »

Hi,

I have a problem with the DM BAC 1-11, I've done a search on this forum and I have seen a reference to problems with the Audigy soundcard and DM aircraft.

When I load the 1-11 it seems OK until I change to an outside view then the sound distorts and if I change back to an inside view or try to exit FS9 the system crashes with a blue screen of death and a stop error. The system then restarts. I sent off the MS report and it says a hardware component has failed, which I know it hasn't.

All other add-on aircraft and other games are OK.

I have a Creative Audigy ZS2 soundcard and I realise from other posts, although they seem vague, that this could be the problem.

Does anyone know of any fix or workaround or if a fix is being worked on?

I would really like to use the BAC 1-11 aircraft in flightsim I think it is an excellent model.

Thanks,

Chris.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WinXP Pro SP2
AMD Athlon64 3700+
Abit AN8 Ultra Motherboard
1GB DDR400 Corsair TwinX 2-2-2-5 XMS Low Latency
Gigabyte GeForce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCIe
nVidia 84.21 drivers
Creative Audigy ZS
120GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
DirectX 9.0c

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum :wink:

Deary me.. another Audigy user :roll: I don't know what DM can do (if anything) to these files Chris as he made the soundset using an Audigy card :shock:

I'll leave one of the tech boff's to fill you in on a possible workaround :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Chris

Have you tried the alternate Aeromusica sound availiable from Rob'site

http://www.classicbritishfiles.com/

They may work better

ATB

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Creampoint
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Creampoint »

Hi Chris

Had a very similar problem with my card. After flying the 1-11 for a while, the sound would change to very high musical tone. Although XP didn't crash, I had to reboot to get the sound working again.

My solution was to try a different sound set rather than David Maltby's 111_sound.zip. The Aeromusica Spey sets on the "Happyotters" site http://classicbritishfiles.com are much larger than DM's ones but they cured my Audigy prob.

Hope that helps

regards
Simon

CT100
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CT100 »

WOW!!

What a fast response and I was just coming back to quietly remove the contents of my post but instead I'll have to say <DOH!> :redface:

I have just scrolled down the DM Flight Sim homepage and found this message:

System Crashes with Audigy 2 ZS Sound Cards
The sound 'fix' I put out 11 May didn't make any difference (link removed).
However, someone did find a simple cure for avoiding system crashes - Set the sound quality to Medium in FS !! This has worked for some, but not all.
Or use stereo instead of surround, or disable the EAX feature? (or all of the above)
No idea what is going on with these cards, but it's not a fault in my sound packs.
There are similar stories of 3D game crashes on the Manufacturer's forum.

I have just set the sound to medium and it seems to be working OK now..... for now anyway :smile:

Thanks DaveB and Garry Russell and everyone else, I shall see if I can get and use the other sound files.

Cheers,

Chris.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

No problem Chris.

Any answers to hand will quickly be given

And it doesn't hurt this one comming to the fore as ther are a lot of new members lately and it may be of use for them to see the post even if it is old hat for some.

BTW welcome, I was forgetting my manners before

Garry
Garry

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

You're welcome Chris. I was going to mention pulling the quality down to medium as it's the only one I could remember :lol: Glad you're sorted anyway. That's the important thing :wink:

Incidentally, I don't want to tempt fate but have you tried Rick's 748?? If you haven't, then do, then get a prob with the sounds.. I never mentioned it ok!! :-# :lol: The majority of probs we've seen with the 748 have been sound related and almost all of these have been from Audigy users :shock: :dunno:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

CT100
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CT100 »

hi, I haven't tried the 748 yet, I have only tried the BAC 1-11. I read on the DM Site that some new drivers have cured the problem for some so I went along and downloaded them, did a clean sweep and install following the instructions , returned to the 1-11 and still have the same problem, however, the Aeromusica sounds now work, they didn't properly at first but they do now, or did last time I tried :)

I have just downloaded and installed the VC10 and Trident and unfortunately I have the same problems with those also.

Oh well, I'll have to see if there are any alternative sounds.

It's a shame as only these add-ons have a problem with my card, all other add-ons and games are OK, go figure? :roll:

.........well so far, Touch Wood!! :green:

Cheers,

Chris.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Chris

Yes alternate sounds here

Same link as in a earlier post repeated for convieniance

http://www.classicbritishfiles.com/

Garry
Garry

CT100
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CT100 »

Hi,

I have downloaded the alternative sound files for the Trident and VC10 and after a quick test of them all seems to be well, hopefully that has resolved my problem, there must be something in the original sound files that the Audigy just doesn't like?

So, thanks to all that have responded here and have helped solved my problem.

I would like to express my thanks and appreciation to Mr Maltby and team for these great aircraft packages and to the Aeromusica team for alternative sound files.

In my opinion a great contribution to the FS community that makes our FS experience so much better than the default MS experience would be.

THANKS!! :thumbsup:

Chris.