Victor

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Hey, they've got a super guppy too!
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The Guppy doesn't move, but the lightenings, Buccaneers (sometimes), Victor, Comet, and Hunters plus one or 2 others. The Victor is awsome... It blows people away.. litteraly last year! :lol: :lol:

Are you up in Ed BT?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Ben Watson wrote:The Guppy doesn't move, but the lightenings, Buccaneers (sometimes), Victor, Comet, and Hunters plus one or 2 others. The Victor is awsome... It blows people away.. litteraly last year! :lol: :lol:

Are you up in Ed BT?
Hopefully not much longer to wait until the HHA Buccaneer starts doing the airshow circuit :dance:

AndyG

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

I'm in Kirkcaldy Ben, but from September I'll be in Edinburgh at Uni.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

britishtourer wrote:Hey, they've got a super guppy too!
As the Churchill dog says, Steady now. :lol: :lol:

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I head down for brunters most years and meet up with some of the guys, so I'll give you a shout nearer the time if you want to go. :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

migman29
Trident
Trident

Re: Victor

Post by migman29 »

Buggyman wrote:Migman

Having a house at about centreline at Leeming had its benefits when it came to airshows and displays. We were on the 'other side' of the show line and had fantastic close ups of the aircraft. We used to have a garden party for smilar noise lovers and it was very popular.

XH558 did one o her last displays at the Leeming Air Fair ('92 or 93??) and I recall the practice almost like it was yesterday. With the earth definately moving under her she reach mid runway and then up and into an immediate starbourd wing over. She was ver low as she came towards me and I did wonder if there was a problem but she pulled up into the near vertical over me and left me covered in fumes and my house gutters cleared of rubbish.

When I had recovered my senses - still in doubt i I ever did - I looked over to the Tower to see my friend the Community Rellations Officer waving and giving the thumbs up. She never admitted it, but I think that someone had been pursuaded to give me a bit of a 'dusting'.

Anyway, come the air show everyone wondered why I covered my glass when XH558 took off! Not quite so low, but still very noise - luvverly stuff.

Feel quite homesick now...........

Allan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Bet that "someone" was Dave Thomas of the VDF.
The last season was indeed '92.

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

Ben, maybe we CBFS members in Scotland could have a little get together early in June at East Fortune?

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

britishtourer wrote:Ben, maybe we CBFS members in Scotland could have a little get together early in June at East Fortune?
What's the East Fortune airshow like? I've never been before but I'm contemplating visiting it with the better half this year.