Need info for a disused airfield

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

britishtourer wrote:I wouldn't say it's completely disused, you can fly microlights from there, can't you?
Strictly speaking no. The microlights use the area west of the main road which cuts across the main runway. This isn't part of the site anymore.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

RAF_Pegasus
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by RAF_Pegasus »

S! anzaq

Have you tried the - Scottish Cultural Resource Access Network - SCRAN
A Millennium project to build a networked multimedia resource base for the study, teaching and appreciation of history and material culture in Scotland.

As an online user you only get thumbnails, but if you register you gain access to full size images

East Fortune -

"Map of East Fortune airfield as developed for WWII operations in 1944"

"East Fortune airfield seen from the air at 2,400 ft during World War II"

Good Luck with your research.

John
Like all humans, my brain is composed of two halves, however ...
The left side has nothing right with it, and the right side has nothing left in it.

anzaq
Meteor
Meteor

Post by anzaq »

Hi guys, just got back from work. Don't you just hate working shifts?
Anyways, thanks for all the useful information. John, that is an interesting site and it may be what I'm looking for :smile: , also thanks to you Graham for the map. I don't know how I missed that one as I sifted the net looking for maps of the area.
I was only meaning in the sense that if you just wanted the airfiled. I'm all for anyone who is prepared to give it a go. Its a great sense of achievement too, and gives you the oppertunity to get it the way you want it. All the best with it, and I'll look forward to its release.
Ben, thanks for the encouragement :smile: I only hope I can do it justice.
Strictly speaking no. The microlights use the area west of the main road which cuts across the main runway. This isn't part of the site anymore.
The day I was there, I saw three microlights doing circuits. I couldn't see where they were landing from where I was but it was at the western part of the old runway. Also to the north east side of the airfield there was a motor bike race meeting going on.

Gordon