It seems the French like the T-bird Hunter

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Me-thinks it won't be too long before they want a french version of this......i.e Km instead of Knots.....Metres instead of feet...and all switch names in french!!!!
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Nigel H-J wrote:Me-thinks it won't be too long before they want a french version of this......i.e Km instead of Knots.....Metres instead of feet...and all switch names in french!!!!
Well if there is a French version of it DG will have to re write the Read Me so that it contains French Letters.

This is a nessessary precaution in case they get screwed trying to install it and then finding out they were putting it in the wrong place.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Miggie

I think you have wayyyyyy to much time on your hands

:lol:

Leif

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

Leify,my francais goes back to my school days 35 years ago.

Mrs Miggy thinks the same as you too.

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

Frogs Eater
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Frogs Eater »

Hello,
Since T.A. Edison has invented some electrical stuff and B. Gates his non-operating system called Windows*, yes, we have abandonned the use of the candles ( yet we are a little conservatives ), and maybe in France we drive on the wrong side of the roads, but we know how to use an automatic installer... :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the same page of the same site, you will find:
L’installation
Elle est très simple, car complètement automatique. Il suffit de cliquer sur l’installateur et de se laisser guider jusqu’à ce que l’appareil soit installé.
A quick translation, of that is: Very easy, use the installer, click on it, and let's go...

At Francesim, there is enthusiastics revues about:
_ DM VC10
_ DM Trident
_ DM Comet4
_ RP Argosy
_ RP Gloster Meteor
_ RP Jet Provost
_ DG DH89
_ DP DH104

Last year, after I read the DMTrident revue on FranceSim, I try this fabulous plane. Before I had the DC VC10 a payware with a bozo autopilot and that sucks carb as a French girl burns your money with clothes. No comments...

From DM site, I have discovered too the Rick Piper planes, some others, and this forum. Since I'm using a numerous of British classics, I re-discovered the art of navigation with the VOR/NDB, the CIVA INS and the landings approaches "avec les fesses" like we said in France.
My PMDG 747 and my CS C130 are rusting in their virtual hangars. The DC VC10s were scrapped...

There is more french amators of british classics than you think. And a question that come back with regularity in the french forums is the handling of this damned British RR Dart engines... A readme in French will be a good idea. Some months ago, I had started a French translation of the Argosy readme, manual, and a short tutorial about the Dart engines, but due to lack of time, it isn't finished. And I'm not sure the Authors agree a French translation of their tutorial files.

Sorry, at all, French letters wil be not included with it... Maybe some British overcoats for the French amators that wanted to handled the planes in your rainy country...

David

Notes: For those who want to operate correctly with Windows: Obviously, two persons are required: The first one opens the window, and the second kick off Windows by the Window. It's a good training for playing rugby.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that FE and nice to see you back again. Believe me.. raincoats are definately a must have today. :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!