Airports - Removing Unwanted Objects FS9

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

CavOk
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Airports - Removing Unwanted Objects FS9

Post by CavOk »

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of some annoying trees. I'm thinking particularly of the new DownAmpney airfield which has trees sprouting far to close to the threshold for 03

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

There is a prog that will let you make small exclude areas for this sort of thing, excbuilderv2 at http://www.scenery.org/design_utilities_b.htm
Dave G.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Airports - Removing Unwanted Objects FS9

Post by nigelb »

CavOk wrote:Can anyone tell me how to get rid of some annoying trees. I'm thinking particularly of the new DownAmpney airfield which has trees sprouting far to close to the threshold for 03
One of the easiest programs to use is ExcBuilder (search on Avsim and All Nodes Busy). If you have FSConnect in your modules folder, you can slew to define the area, if not, you can enter coordinates manually. Since the slew method is much easier, I recommend you get FSConnect, if you don't already have it.

There are other programs that will accomplish the same thing, but I have found ExcBuilder to be simple and easy to use - just follow the instructions. Avsim also has an additional tutorial file that appears when you do the search....worth getting!

anzaq
Meteor
Meteor

Post by anzaq »

Yes, I recommend excbuilder as well. Along with the FSconnect module and using slew mode it is making the current project I'm working on so much easier.

Gordon

CavOk
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CavOk »

Thanks Guys
In the end I used FlatEx by Mario Corallo available at the same link above. His program allows a choice of flatten or exclude files which are simply added to the relevant entry in the Scenery CFG file. This is the entry I used for Down Ampney
Exclude=N51 40.54,W1 50.32,N51 40.50,W1 50.19,objects.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions

Heron1B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

FSConnect

Post by Heron1B »

G'day Guys,

Can you advise the site for FSConnect? Is it just a .dll folder that resides in FS9/Modules?

Cheers,

DelF

CavOk
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by CavOk »