Classic British - Design Studies

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FelixFFDS
Meteor
Meteor

Classic British - Design Studies

Post by FelixFFDS »

I wonder, where in the "Classic British" World would models of "Classic British Design Studies" fit in? These would be flightsim models of designs that didn't make it off the drawing board or if they did, didn't quite make it into the air.

A couple spring to mind

- the Hawker "Hunstman" study, a 4-6 place cabin twin engined study off the Hunter. (If I recall, there is a plastic model of this as the "Huntsman CC. Mk.1, as reviewed in one of the SAM or SAMI issues)

- The SARO Princess landplane heavy freighter (six RR Tynes instead of 10)
Felix/FFDS

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

What do you mean Felix? It would fit in right here.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I'd love to see it if only a modeler would step forward and grace us with his talents. :smile:

Brian

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Felix,

I think you may have come to the right place! :wink:

Dave Garwood was looking at the possibility of modelling the Hawker P1121, and we already have one TSR2 with another (probably better :wink: ) on the way.

On a personal note, my own to do list (on the basis that I ever manage to get the first one finished) includes quite a number of projects that would fit into this category; Miles M52, Vickers VC7/V1000 (unless Mr Maltby is interested :smile: ), Saro 177, Supermarine 545, Rotodyne....

Well, you get the picture. Shame my ability doesn't yet match my ambition. :lol:

AndyG

FelixFFDS
Meteor
Meteor

Post by FelixFFDS »

If I ever get off my sorry behind, I'd finish a rough "Huntsman" and Miles M.20/2, DH Heron, Dove (of the Gordon kind), Beagle-Miles 218 ad nauseam.
Felix/FFDS

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

FelixFFDS wrote:If I ever get off my sorry behind, I'd finish a rough "Huntsman" and Miles M.20/2, DH Heron, Dove (of the Gordon kind), Beagle-Miles 218 ad nauseam.
I believe Del is tackling the Heron. The M.20 would be nice, just something about it; would look nice in CFS3 as well :lol:

AndyG

FelixFFDS
Meteor
Meteor

Post by FelixFFDS »

AndyG wrote:
FelixFFDS wrote:
I believe Del is tackling the Heron. The M.20 would be nice, just something about it; would look nice in CFS3 as well :lol:

AndyG
Let me qualify - my Heron is that version, the mention of which is banned here as it would throw members into apoplectic convulsions at the visual imagery of pistons pistoning side-to-side, instead of up and down ....
Felix/FFDS

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

AndyG wrote:
FelixFFDS wrote:If I ever get off my sorry behind, I'd finish a rough "Huntsman" and Miles M.20/2, DH Heron, Dove (of the Gordon kind), Beagle-Miles 218 ad nauseam.

AndyG

OOOOOHHHH, is he now!!!!!!

Mark :-({|=
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

FelixFFDS wrote:
AndyG wrote:
FelixFFDS wrote:

AndyG
Let me qualify - my Heron is that version, the mention of which is banned here as it would throw members into apoplectic convulsions at the visual imagery of pistons pistoning side-to-side, instead of up and down ....

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR :tuttut: :tuttut: :tuttut: :tuttut: :tuttut:
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

FelixFFDS wrote:Let me qualify - my Heron is that version, the mention of which is banned here as it would throw members into apoplectic convulsions at the visual imagery of pistons pistoning side-to-side, instead of up and down ....
Oh, one of those Heron's. :sicky: :lol:

Brian