Gladiator Mk I pre war Paint

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rich
VC10
VC10

Gladiator Mk I pre war Paint

Post by Rich »

Hi All, I have just uploaded a repaint of Thicko's Gladiator I in the 1937 colours of 72 Sqn. Uploaded to Classic British Files only.

Some is artistic licence sinc I could not find a pic of the upper wing surface the only thing to go on was info saying the Sqn colours on the fuselage are repeated on the upper wing.

Give it a while to appear just remember I am no Garry Russell

GladMkI72sqn
Rich

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks Rich :smile: Looking forward to seeing the repaints.

Brian

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Thanks for the re-paint. I've just found a picture of 72 gladiators that shows the top of the wing (why do these idiots not come out of the woodwork before you finish the repaint ! :roll: )

I also found a page of drawings showing the schemes of other squadrons in "On Silver Wings". I had put the book to one side when I was thinking of trying to repaint the Alphasim Bulldog and forgotten about it until doing a tidy up tonight.

Great work - and apologies for the cr*p timing! The book also includes details of the schemes and a/c regs for each operating squadron, if the info is of interest to you.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Thanks Allan

I'll be able to populate Glosters Factory nicely now when Toby gets finished :smile:

ATB

Leif

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Allan, Many thanks for the pics, unfortunatly I only had a side view pic to work from, seems none of them carried upper wing reg so I am wrong there not sure about lower wing, not a good rendition, I am only a dabbler using only freeware paint tools.

I will update the 72 Sqn model using your new info

Leif I will be uploading a 73 Sqn version hopefully today
Rich

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Cheers Rich

Im still messing with the fourth prototype for the scenery

Leif

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Hi all just to let you know I have completly redone the 72 Sqn version thanks to Alan's info I found the pic that I used the red and blue main bars were reversed and I would rather trust the pic's Alan produced.

I have also done/redone a 73 Sqn version using Alans Pics rather than the one I started with.

There is a pack of 3 availiable on SOH, not mine nice work but too dirty to be believed for that era when aircraft would have been spotless, like the Army the RAF had nothing better to do than pollish things, maybe mine are too clean.

Will be uploaded ASP as complete replacement for 72 Sqn now I need to try and remove the first version off CBFiles

Humble apologies
Rich

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

A new 72 Sqn version along with a 73 Sqn repaint has been uploaded as a 2 pack so it's even cheaper.

Only at CBFiles, my apologies to all who downloaded the first 72 Sqn paint
Rich

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

...and a very nice Greek repaint has arrived today over at Flightsim.com. Oompah!!! :wink:

Brian

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

Buy one, get one free - just the price to go down well round here.

For a guess I thought your first try was a really good one, and in fact is pretty much the lines of the 3 squadron green scheme for the top wing.