Short Skyvan SC-7

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Short Skyvan SC-7

Post by righthandseat »

I've been searching for a decent SC-7, preferably to put in to Gulf Air or SOAF livery. I see in the gallery (Shorts) there's possibly a better version around than the "pink skydiving" job (no comment :huf: ). Can anyone advise where the D/L file might be found? Thanks.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

There was a guy on here who made a nice Skyvan some while ago. I think the download was pulled because of some dispute between him and a payware company. Never quite understood that but I'm sure theres a few people who would still have the ZIP on their HDD.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

RHS,

I'll send you a link to my copy via PM. Its a cracking model! :wink:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by righthandseat »

Thanks! for the very quick response and the link/PM.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

righthandseat..

That sig.bmp is spot on now mate. Excellent :wink: Great aircraft and a great livery :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

TobyV wrote:There was a guy on here who made a nice Skyvan some while ago. I think the download was pulled because of some dispute between him and a payware company. Never quite understood that but I'm sure theres a few people who would still have the ZIP on their HDD.
Of course if it arrived on the sunny shores of FSPlanet it's probably still there. I hear it's next to impossible to get them to pull an add-on. :-#

Brian

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

If this is the one in question, I have it in my hangar. Happy to pass it on to anyone who would like it.

From the "Read me"

Model & Textures by Dan Watkins ([email protected])
Windows, FDE, and general help from Rick Piper
Panel/Gauges by Ken Mitchell
Sounds by Aaron Swindle
Beta testing and information gathering, Grahame Myers.
Thomas Lewetz, operator of the "PINK" Austrian Skyvan, for his valuable information

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

danowat
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by danowat »

Hmmm.......I thought I sent the "updated" package with a very crude and rudimentary VC to someone a while back and gave permission for it to be uploaded where-ever, might be dreaming though.

If anyone has it, then you have full permission to do whatever with it, upload it where-ever, in hindsight my "hissy-fit" seems a bit funny now, but at the time I was being threatend with legal action by a certain payware company, and it pissed me off a bit :dance:

Still, I am more than happy that my stuff is being used, infact, I was reading a copy of Computer pilot the other day, and the authour commented on the liveries, which I did as a favour to FT, and it does give me a warm feeling that people use my work, if I had the time I would get back into it, alas I dont, maybe in the winter.

I'll shut up waffling now, good luck with the Skyvan, and if you need it PM me and I can send it over, pretty sure I still have the full package in a deep dark corner of my HDD somewhere.

Edit : Thats the one Graham, :dance:

Dan,

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Hi Dan,

I have to thank you for the model. Flies really well. All we want now is some kind soul to get the paint brushes out :-#

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

danowat
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by danowat »

Filonian wrote:Hi Dan,

I have to thank you for the model. Flies really well. All we want now is some kind soul to get the paint brushes out :-#

Graham
I don't envy them, its not the easiest plane to paint :lol: , if I remember rightly, there are a number of repaints at Flightsim.com , pink is there for sure, but I am pretty sure there were a number of others.

Dan,