New Freebies at Alphasim

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

New Freebies at Alphasim

Post by FlyTexas »

I may be wrong but it appears some new freeware aircraft have arrived at Alphasim. http://www.alphasim.co.uk/fwd.html The newbies include a Spitfire, C-130, and (my favorite) the Bristol Bulldog. :dance:

Brian

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Yep, a new batch of goodies. The Hercules is the standard and the expansion packs, so plenty of choice there; the two Jaguar packs have also been released, so no need to download Mr Ito's latest.

AndyG

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Re. the Jaguar, if you add the UKMIL Jag panel by Ben Hartmann (jaggrupg.zip at all nodes) you get a nice working panel and VC :smile:
Dave G.

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

Looks like I've got 3 more aircraft to download, on top of the Jaguar! :smile:

I'll check out the UKMIL panel, too.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just noticed the Scout and Wasp. These would be perfect AI For Carriers and Naval Bases etc..... but theres one snag. As they are FS2002 the rotor don't show.

Given that I'm going to use them as AI and thus don't give two hoots as to the flight dynamics (As they will get the AI FD) is there a straight forward way to add rotors to these are is it part of the model.

Sorry if its a daft question. :worried:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Ben,

I don't think so mate. The method of animation is from 'past times' and thus not compatible unless you have the original mdl to drag screaming and kicking into FSDS2/3. Make sure your AI are always flying and it won't be a problem! :shock: :roll: :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

phantom_fgr2

Post by phantom_fgr2 »

Dave i suppose you'll be wanting commission for advertising my panels :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seaking
VC10
VC10

Post by Seaking »

Hi Ben

On the wasp, I did ask that question about an update for FS9 quite a while ago and it was in the negative.

I have asked a few people over the last year or so to build a new one for FS9 but no luck yet, it would be a great addon though and make some great AI.

Who knows, someone may pick up the guantlet and do one.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I can get the models into Gmax, but the animation and texuring will need to be redone from scratch. If anyone wants the bare mesh they are welcome :smile:
Dave G.