Marathon task completed and released

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tekman
Meteor
Meteor

Marathon task completed and released

Post by tekman »

:smile: Good morning folks, upon reflection and putting myself into gear, I decided that I had to try & get the Marathon releases out before I go to South Africa.
This I have now done but not as one package as that would be unreasonably big for some people to download.

I have only had time to upload the files to http://www.avsim.com thus far and they may take a few days to appear.

The manual install versions are the only ones available at the moment. as I've had a bit of a sticky regarding the auto install versions

MANUAL

HPR1.zip 16.8mb Gipsy Queens
M69.zip 21mb Mambas
HPR5.zip 11.8mb Alvis Leonides

INSTALLER

HPR1ins.zip 15.8mb Gipsy Queens
M69ins.zip 19mb Mambas
HPR5ins.zip 11.4mb Alvis Leonides

Regards Peter

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Thanks for the HU... will download this one :wink:

BAe146
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BAe146 »

It's up now! Go and get it. :dance:
"Mankind has a perfect record in Aviation, We've never left anyone up there."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Great stuff Peter

downloading now

Please would you consider uploading to http://www.classicbritshfiles.com please :)

Leif

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Peter,

Delightful little aircraft to fly. One thing though.......... I can't get a radio panel to display ?

Rgds

John

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Many thanks Peter. D/L it now, but will have to try it tomorrow. Had a "marathon" day myself with meeting minutes and correspondence.

Off to bash some :sleepy:

Enjoy your Safari.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Kevin
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kevin »

Well done, Peter - it's a lovely aeroplane to fly.

Just a couple of minor things on the Mk1:

1. The West African one is missing a couple of prop textures - easy to fix, just copy prop.bmp & propdisc.bmp from the BEA one.

2. The engines appear to be numbered 3-1-2-4 from port outer to starboard outer. This is a little disconcerting when practising engine failures (I had two shut down before I worked out what was going on :lol: ). Could the model be modified to the more usual 1-2-3-4?

Cheers,

Kevin

tekman
Meteor
Meteor

Marathon

Post by tekman »

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your kind comments and apologies to everyone for my omissions.
Not sure, how I missed those two textures despite what I thought was thorough checking :lol:

Regarding your second point the start up sequence for the Marathon 1 is 2-3-1-4 which is the correct sequence for this aircraft and reality is what I wanted to achieve here.
The secondary effect this has is that it prevents the aircraft from slewing from startup which can't be a bad thing. Overall it creates better balance which the real aircraft would have had.
The engines are numbered 1= port inner 2= starboard inner 3= port outer 4= starboard outer as stated.
Personally and others who tested this, although a little confusing initially because we are not all real world pilots, we found this sharpened our awareness and made us actually fly the plane, sub sequentially, once mastered a greater sense of achievement was felt by all concerned.

The more usual (in flightsim terms of 1-2-3-4) is inaccurate for this aircraft and I’m sorry John I won’t be changing the sequence as stated earlier accuracy is important and although I’m not infallible I’m sticking to my guns on this one.

Cheers

Peter

tekman
Meteor
Meteor

NO RADIO

Post by tekman »

:smile: In response to Johns post I've given this a little thought and have changed my mind and am intergrating a radio with all three Marathons. An update should be availble at avsim by the beginning of October due to my holiday plans.
I have only managed to locate one radio set that is suitable though a minor adjustment is required and I have to first seek permission to make this adjustment. The one I have in mind is included with the Anson think Sav Maurri did this so I'll have to check in with him first.

Regards

Peter

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Magnetos

Post by nigelb »

Has anyone had any luck getting the magneto switches to work? They appear to be permanently in the "on" position.