Awesome updates!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Macs
Viscount
Viscount

Awesome updates!

Post by Macs »

Thanks again to Mr. Maltby, awesome update to the 1-11 and Trident! Thanks!
regards,
Macs :smile:

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by righthandseat »

I cannot get DM's latest update D/L's for the 1-11 and Trident to load - the D/L just simply disappear into a 'black hole' :redface: :dunno: . The update for the VC10 - 40th worked OK. Did you have any problems, Macs? This is the first time an install program has n't worked for me. Any tips as to where I might look for the problem? I've followed the routine used for original D/L's and previous updates.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

When you start the auto-loader it stops saying where it is going to download to and give you the change to change it. Have you looked where it is putting the files?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by righthandseat »

Route is to :C/program files/microsoft games/FS9. But no additions or alterations appear to be made to the aircraft, shared files etc. I have tried to move some files manually but now have two sets of icons on the panel and not the "i" button to switch then on/off :doh: . Back to the beginning! Is there a way of circumnavigating the install program to manual set up?

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

righthandseat wrote:Route is to :C/program files/microsoft games/FS9. But no additions or alterations appear to be made to the aircraft, shared files etc. I have tried to move some files manually but now have two sets of icons on the panel and not the "i" button to switch then on/off :doh: . Back to the beginning! Is there a way of circumnavigating the install program to manual set up?
Is that where your Flight Simulator 9 folder is?

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

The install programs are fine.

If you think they are putting the files in the wrong place, you can install it to a temporary folder instead & move the bits where you want them.
Done like that, it's just like an old style zip install.

People used to tell me that automatic installer programs would stop this kind of trouble. :lol:

Thanks Macs

DM
ImageImage

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by righthandseat »

OK I'm there - well there's nothing left in the various folders on my desktop! :lol: and the 1-11 and Trident are now 'performing ' as described in DM's updates notes on his pages with all the bells and whistles. Thanks for tips and help:

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Good to hear that.
:thumbsup:
ImageImage

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by righthandseat »

Check-flight completed :dance: - and the Trident 3 update "does exactly what it says on the tin" to use advert parlance. Top class! :clap:

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Must have misssed the announcement for these.

So both Trident and 111 are new? Trident downloads say updated 09 Oct 2005, although closer examination of filenames gives it away.

Ian