Sierra Bravo at Saltzburg...

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Sierra Bravo at Saltzburg...

Post by petermcleland »

As I downloaded this excellent freeware Saltzburg yesterday, I thought I would take the beta Chipmunk and explore:-

For the full sequence with captions, please click this address:-

http://forum.fsscreenshots.com/dcboard. ... =full&page

Thanks for looking :dance:

righthandseat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by righthandseat »

Great full sequence; great scenery. If only my (attempted) '3 pointers' were like that :smile: .

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

I hate to point this out, but that's actually the taxi way 'SB is on!

Not that I would suggest that Peter's landing would be anything other than a 3-pointer, of course!

Looks good, Peter - it will be a nice addition to the hanger when Rick gets around to releasing it - as well as bringing back fond memories for you!

Best,

Myles

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

You need to look at the full sequence to know that Peter is taxying in after landing on the runway. :lol:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes, the three pointer is only shown in the full sequence, where the smoke puffs are evident :smile:

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

My apologies - it is a very nice sequence with a very nice landing (and not a hint of a bounce)!

In my defence, I will say that there was a time when I kept getting 'Server not found' type errors when trying to view Peter's screenies, so I tend to go with what's on this forum!

I see ATC are still giving you the runaround when there doesn't seem to be any traffic to avoid! Maybe the Trident crew have friends in Salzburg :lol:

Best,

Myles

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Myles wrote:My apologies - it is a very nice sequence with a very nice landing (and not a hint of a bounce)!

In my defence, I will say that there was a time when I kept getting 'Server not found' type errors when trying to view Peter's screenies, so I tend to go with what's on this forum!

I see ATC are still giving you the runaround when there doesn't seem to be any traffic to avoid! Maybe the Trident crew have friends in Salzburg :lol:
That ATC bug in FS9 is actually in the ATC approach numbering system...This is what happens:-

1. ATC clear what they consider to be the first aircraft to "LAND".

2. ATC clear what they consider to be the second aircraft to "LAND"...note they do NOT add "NUMBER TWO".

3. ATC clear what they consider to be the third aircrat to "LAND NUMBER TWO"...Note this is actually an error as he is actually number three.

4. If more aircraft then the landing number error continues.

5. Now what happens is that ATC will only permit landings in the order that those clearances were given. If someone is on short final but NOT in the correct order then he is sent round (even if there is nothing on the runway).

In that flight I was the second to be given landing clearance but with my little circuit I arrived before the first was anywhere near...So I was sent around...In fact I could have done such a small circuit that I would have been sent around three times before that chap that was first cleared to land actually got there :smile:

You must have been very unlucky to get a "Server Not Found" error as my server (which is in UTAH) is extremely reliable and in the last few months has become VERY fast indeed. I always keep my pictures there as they have proved more reliable that any others I've used in the past and they never lose anything. I host all my stuff there and never on the actual screenshot forums who just allow the stuff to fall off the end and disappear. I pay for this service, but it is money well spent :smile: