Which ugly british aircraft should I make?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which aircraft should be made

Poll ended at 22 Mar 2005, 13:46

Bristol freighter
18%
Carvair
14%
Shackelton
No votes
York
31%
Anson
2%
Lightning F6
4%
Nimrod
6%
Victor
8%
Canberra
16%

Total votes: 49

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Bridon,

Nahh thats not the box image, that one is very old, mine was the next generation of boxes after that, not the fancy blue white set but the intermediate ones, the ones that introduced the series numbers, you got me interested to find that old box cover now :), anyone ever remember the 1:72 series 1 that came in small plastic bags with a cardboard header :).

Resurgance, l think Rick Piper has bagged this one as one of his future projects, if not l'm interested but lack some info, to clear any misdoubt it'll be issued through here. l have removed one paywear hat, maybe adopt another in the future, neither have any place in this community :).

Kindest regards

Michael

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Don't remember anything as big as the freighter coming in the plastic bag with cardboard header Michael. You sure your memory is not playing tricks??? Mine does all the time... infact so much so, I don't believe anything anymore :lol:

DaveB :smt025
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

vulcan
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by vulcan »

Series 1 & 2 Airfix kit came in plastic bags with the header containing the instructions all from series 3 and above came in boxes.
That box looks very early due to the logo and the fact that it states in large print the scale and wingspan.
All take offs are voluntary, all landings are mandatory

Bridon Bear
The Ministry

Post by Bridon Bear »

The ones I remember in a plastic bag were the Series 1 Aircraft at 1/72nd scale such as the Spitfire or Hurricane etc...at 2/- a go (10p) larger aircraft were boxed as DaveB says...the Bristol Super Freighter arrived in 1959 along with other notables such as the Fairey Rotadyne....It was another year before the Dakota arrived again in Silver City livery!!

All interesting stuff.....

Regards.

Bridon Bear :wink:

'Only Birds and Fools Fly'

http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Dave,

Sorry didnt mean to mislead, only the series 1 and 2 as Vulcan pointed out came in plastic bags, l think the Bristol 170 was a series 3 or at least a 4, biggest l ever had was the SRN4 with the half see through roof and little Volkswagen camper models as cars LOL, never got the Saturn rocket but did get the smaller Sputnik rocket...where are they all now :).memories, mere memories.

Best regards

Michael

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Oh dear what nostalgia.............you can find even more here!
http://www.djairfix.freeserve.co.uk/types.htm

The Silver City B170 was a painting by Roy Cross.......you can get a CD of all his Airfix artwork via the sight above.
ATB Trev

AndyMinx
Victor
Victor

Post by AndyMinx »

Bridon,

My addy is [email protected]

use that to email that info!

I warn everyone now: Just because I am getting info in the plane, it doesn't mean I WILL be making one!

Regards,

Andy

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Trev,

Ahh yesssaa, type 3 was the box type l had, l didnt know there was that many variants.

Matchbox was the other great British kit maker around then, cardboard boxes with a clear section on the front and sprue's of gaudy different colors, my Pz IVs were all mauve and green LOL.

Best regards

Michael

GW_Simulations
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by GW_Simulations »

Firstly I am aware of various attempts to track down my name, and other information. I will advise you all to abort these now, as I will not reveal it willingly, and if anyone releases said information it will be concidered a breach of privicy.

Secondly, I am NOT a child. I do NOT attend school. I am unaware of where you obtained said e-mail address.

Thirdly, and on a happier note I will be making the winner of this poll, and all my other aircraft in development.

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

I never went to school either and it didnt do me any harm at all, in fact only last week they said I could come off the medication as I no longer feel the need to set fire to things! :shock:
Hey GW look fwd to seeing your products, forget that stupid poll and build an ATL Carvair :wink:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores