Which ugly british aircraft should I make?

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which aircraft should be made

Poll ended at 22 Mar 2005, 13:46

Bristol freighter
18%
Carvair
14%
Shackelton
No votes
York
31%
Anson
2%
Lightning F6
4%
Nimrod
6%
Victor
8%
Canberra
16%

Total votes: 49

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

GW,

Complete rot. Why is anything that can be found freely on the internet considered a breach of privacy???

Why are you so reluctant to give us any background on yourself??? What is it you have to hide??? Why should we not concerned by someone who appears on our forum and immediately posts a message polling which aircraft would we like him to make... a lot of which are already in existance.

You can always PM me or any other member if you like but as a site administrator, I have a vested interest in who is here. It would be irresponsible of me to be otherwise.

DaveB :smt025
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Firstly I am aware of various attempts to track down my name, and other information. I will advise you all to abort these now, as I will not reveal it willingly, and if anyone releases said information it will be concidered a breach of privicy.

Secondly, I am NOT a child. I do NOT attend school. I am unaware of where you obtained said e-mail address.

Thirdly, and on a happier note I will be making the winner of this poll, and all my other aircraft in development.
It's common on our forum to not hide.

All you had to do is write Graham(or whatever your name really is)
at the end of each post.
Not hard but no you have to hide & complain that we did basic web searches to find out as much info as possible.

People that make such a big effort to hide are ,are usually upto no good.

If i turned up on you forum you would do exactly the same.
It's not what your doing, it's the way your doing it.

If you don't like our openness please go somehere where everyone lives in the shadows.

We have been attacked 3 times so far by other developers with your approach.

One of these attacks actually made one of our members very unhappy.

There is no need to hide as we share a lot of information here to those that need it.

Please do not flame me for this as i am not doing anything that is out of order.

Regards
Rick

GW_Simulations
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by GW_Simulations »

andy wrote:GW Simulations wouldn't happen to be Graham Waterfield would it?
No.

Ps My first name IS Graham.

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Is this a quiz Graham :D
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I think it is a travesty to even consider our friend at GW Sim to be Graham Waterfield. Sri GW if you are looking in... and no, I don't mean you GWS!!

DaveB :smt025
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

fournier
Meteor
Meteor

Post by fournier »

tonymadge wrote:The Airfix BF was Sabena and Silver City if I recall right..
The Airfix Super Freighter of the 1970s came in British United flavour.

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

Hope that the forthcoming Bristol 170 ( who will do it is not important. paramount importance it is a very good one) will be a Mark 32.. :lol:

Personally I love the Rick Piper and John garwood works very very much and I wonder when a Canberra will be available at their high standard.

FOR RICK : excuse me but why you don't like to have opening doors , cargo doors working on your beautiful models?

Kikko

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

henk hugo wrote: On the close up shots you can see the corrosion all over the aircraft. I really think its the end of her flying days - unless someone throws a lot of cash at her.
Actually, I talked to the crew out there a couple of months ago, and that's all dirt, but the problem is Air Atlantique (who technically still owns it, but are in negotiations to sell it to the CAF) won't let the CAF park the plane in the main hangar. Air Atlantique is still considering parting out the airplane for their aircraft that's being restored, but the CAF wants to save it, and would put the needed money into restoring and re-painting the aircraft.

Also, remember that this plane was in 100% restored and flying condition as of 2001, so it's only been sitting for maybe 3 years, and even at that, until 2 years ago, it was hangared for most of that time after it was retired and purchased by a guy up in Minnesota. The plane's in a lot better shape than people let on and the photos show.

Hopefully the CAF will get the Shack and the B-36 that they're in negotiations for as well. They do take good care of their airplanes.

Boeing464
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Boeing464 »

B-36? From whom? There are only four complete airframes. All are highly valued i would think. They aren't thinking of flying one, are they?
Christopher Hill
painter/modeler of sorts
Student pilot-KLGB
Model 464 = B-52

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

The old gate guard down in South Texas (I think it was a Dyess or Brooks) has been in the eye of the CAF for about 10 years. Last I heard, they'd finally been making some progress on getting it. And of course they want to fly it. That one or the SW Air Museum's bird (which is currently 80% restored to airworthy condition even though they don't plan on flying it). Apparently they think they can get one and get it flying again. It probably won't fly as much as 'FiFi' but with the resources the CAF seems to always find whenever they need a major funding source, if they can work out the details of the move and such, I'm sure they'll be able to do it.